Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Statistical Issues in Drug Development.John Wiley & Sons, Chichester1997
- Moving to a world beyond “P < 0.05”.The American Statistician. 2019; 73: 1-19
- The ASA's statement on P-values: context, process, and purpose.Am Stat. 2016; 7: 129-133
Brophy JM. Key issues in the interpretation of randomized clinical trials. Can J Cardiol doi:10.1016/j.cjca.2020.12.014, accessed January 5, 2021.
- Bayesian Data Analysis.3rd ed. CRC Press, Boca Raton2014
- A case for Bayesianism in clinical trials.Stat Med. 1993; 12 (discussion 1395-404): 1377-1393
- Toward evidence-based medical statistics. 1: The P value fallacy.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 995-1004
Gelman A, Loken E. The garden of forking paths: why multiple comparisons can be a problem, even when there is no “fishing expedition” or “P-hacking” and the research hypothesis was posited ahead of time. November 14, 2013. Available at: http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/research/unpublished/forking.pdf. Accessed July 17, 2021.
Harrell F. My journey from frequentist to Bayesian statistics. February 19, 2017. Available at: https://www.fharrell.com/post/journey/. Accessed December 4, 2020
- The connection between varying treatment effects and the crisis of unreplicable research: a Bayesian perspective.J Manag. 2015; 4: 632-643
- Placing trials in context using Bayesian analysis. GUSTO revisited by Reverend Bayes.JAMA. 1995; 273: 871-875
- Bayesian interpretation of the EXCEL trial and other randomized clinical trials of left main coronary artery revascularization.JAMA Intern Med. 2020; 18: 986-992
- Angiotensin-neprilysin inhibition in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1609-1620
- FDA panel backs Entresto, spironolactone for broader HF use 2020—but committee stops short of advocating categorical approval for HFpEF.MedPage Today, December 16, 2020 (Available at:)Accessed July 17, 2021)
- Semantic and cognitive tools to aid statistical science: replace confidence and significance by compatibility and surprise.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2020; 2: 244
- Toward evidence-based medical statistics. 2: The Bayes factor.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 1005-1013
- Trial and error. How to avoid commonly encountered limitations of published clinical trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 5: 415-427
- Bayes factors.J Am Stat Assoc. 1995; 90: 791
- Five-year outcomes after PCI or CABG for left main coronary disease.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1820-1830
- EACTS pulls out of left main guidelines after BBC bombshell alleging EXCEL trial cover-up. tctMD.December 10, 2019 (Available at:)https://www.tctmd.com/news/eacts-pulls-out-left-main-guidelines-after-bbc-bombshell-alleging-excel-trial-cover(Accessed December 14, 2020)
EXCEL Leadership. Official response from EXCEL leadership. tctMD. December 12, 2019. Available at: https://www.tctmd.com/slide/official-response-excel-leadership. Accessed July 17, 2021.
- Colchicine in patients with chronic coronary disease.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 1838-1847
- Efficacy and safety of low-dose colchicine after myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 2497-2505
- Spironolactone for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1383-1392
- FDA panel puts spironolactone in play for HF with preserved EF.Medscape, December 16, 2020 (Available at:)Accessed December 27, 2020)
- Regional variation in patients and outcomes in the Treatment of Preserved Cardiac Function Heart Failure with an Aldosterone Antagonist (TOPCAT) trial.Circulation. 2015; 13: 34-42
- Randomised trial of intravenous streptokinase, oral aspirin, both, or neither among 17,187 cases of suspected acute myocardial infarction: ISIS-2.Lancet. 1988; 2: 349-360
- Detection and management of geographic disparities in the TOPCAT trial: lessons learned and derivative recommendations.JACC Basic Transl Sci. 2016; 1: 180-189
- TOPCAT. Spironolactone for HF with preserved ejection fraction:effectiveness and safety results.in: Meeting of the Cardiovascular and Renal Drugs Advisory Committee. December 16, 2020 (slide 17. Available at:)Accessed December 26, 2020)
- Prior convictions: Bayesian approaches to the analysis and interpretation of clinical megatrials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 1929-1939
- Bayesian statistical inference enhances the interpretation of contemporary randomized controlled trials.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 6: 13-21.e5
- Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1045-1057
- Focused 2012 update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines for the use of antiplatelet therapy.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 1334-1345
- Ticagrelor vs clopidogrel in Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese patients with acute coronary syndrome—randomized, double-blind, phase III PHILO study.Circ J. 2015; 79: 2452-2460
- Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with STEMI treated with fibrinolysis: TREAT trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 2819-2828
- Clopidogrel versus ticagrelor or prasugrel in patients aged 70 years or older with non–ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome (POPular AGE): the randomised, open-label, noninferiority trial.Lancet. 2020; 395: 1374-1381
See page 1426 for disclosure information.