Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global Health Risks: Mortality and Burden of Disease Attributable to Selected Major Risks.World Health Organization, Geneva2009
- Blood pressure in Canadian adults.Health Rep. 2010; 21: 37-46
- Report from the Canadian Chronic Disease Surveillance System: Hypertension in Canada, 2010.Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa2010
Statistics Canada. Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS) Annual Component User Guide: 2007-2008 Microdata files, June 2009. Available at: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p2SV.pl?Function=getSurvey&SurvId=3226&SurvVer=1&InstaId=15282&InstaVer=5&SDDS=3226&lang=en&db=imdb&adm=8&dis=2. Accessed July 30, 2012.
- Canadian Health Measures Survey (CHMS) Data User Guide: Cycle 1.Statistics Canada, Ottawa2010
Canadian Hypertension Education Program. Recommendations. 2012. Available at: http://www.hypertension.ca/chep-recommendations. Accessed July 30, 2012.
- Validation of a case definition to define hypertension using administrative data.Hypertension. 2009; 54: 1423-1428
Lix L, Yogendran M, Burchill C, et al. Defining and Validating Chronic Diseases: An Administrative Data Approach. Winnipeg, Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, July 2006.
- Accuracy of administrative databases in identifying patients with hypertension.Open Med. 2007; 1: E3-E5
Statistics Canada. Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS) Annual Component 2012. Available at: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca:81/imdb/p2SV.pl?Function=getSurvey&SDDS=3226&lang=en&db=imdb&adm=8&dis=2. Accessed July 30, 2012.
- Resting blood pressure and heart rate measurement in the Canadian Health Measures Survey, cycle 1.Health Rep. 2010; 21: 71-80
- Variance estimation for complex surveys using replication techniques.Stat Methods Med Res. 1996; 5: 283-310
- Confidence intervals for directly standardized rates: a method based on the gamma distribution.Stat Med. 1997; 16: 791-801
- Mining administrative health databases to advance medical science: geographical considerations and untapped potential in Canada.Can J Cardiol. 2012; 28: 152-154
- Management of hypertension in elderly long-term care residents.Can J Cardiol. 2008; 24: 912-914
- Managing hypertension among nursing-home residents and community-dwelling elderly in Germany: a comparative pharmacoepidemiological study.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2012; 68: 867-875
- Large increases in hypertension diagnosis and treatment in Canada after a healthcare professional education program.Hypertension. 2006; 48: 853-860
- Agreement between self-reported and routinely collected health-care utilization data among seniors.Health Service Reports. 2002; 37: 751-774
- Why some adult Canadians do not have blood pressure measured.J Clin Hypertens. 2007; 9: 944-951
- Prevalence and incidence of hypertension from 1995-2005: a population-based study.CMAJ. 2008; 178: 1429-1435
- The accuracy of self-reported hypertension: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Current Hypertension Review. 2008; 4: 36-62
- Diabetes in Context: Risk Factors and Health Determinants of Hypertensive Diabetes Cases in BC.Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa2010
- Population-based data sources for chronic disease surveillance.Chronic Dis Can. 2008; 29: 31-38
See page 611 for disclosure information.