Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2012: the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2012 of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur J Heart Fail. 2012; 14: 803-869
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society Consensus Conference guidelines on heart failure – 2008 update: best practices for the transition of care of heart failure patients, and the recognition, investigation and treatment of cardiomyopathies.Can J Cardiol. 2008; 24: 21-40
- Recent trends in the characteristics and prognosis of patients hospitalized with acute heart failure.Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 3: 295-303
- Palliative care in heart failure: a position statement from the palliative care workshop of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC.Eur J Heart Fail. 2009; 11: 433-443
- A meta-review of evidence on heart failure disease management programs: the challenges of describing and synthesizing evidence on complex interventions.Trials. 2011; 12: 194
- Specialist clinics for reducing emergency admissions in patients with heart failure: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.Heart. 2013; 99: 233-239
- Clinical service organisation for heart failure.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 9: CD002752
- A multidisciplinary intervention to prevent the readmission of elderly patients with congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1190-1195
- Effects of a multidisciplinary, home-based intervention on unplanned readmissions and survival among patients with chronic congestive heart failure: a randomized controlled study.Lancet. 1999; 354: 1077-1083
- Effects of education and support on self-care and resource utilization in patients with heart failure.Eur Heart J. 1999; 20: 673-682
- Nurse-led heart failure clinics improve survival and self-care behaviour in patients with heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2003; 24: 1014-1023
- Multidisciplinary strategies for the management of heart failure patients at high risk for admission: a systematic review of randomized trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 44: 810-819
- ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008.Eur J Heart Fail. 2008; 10: 933-989
- Referral and use of heart failure clinics: what factors are related to use?.Can J Cardiol. 2012; 28: 483-489
- Heart failure management programmes in Europe.Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2006; 4: 197-205
- The 2010 CCS guidelines for the diagnosis and management of heart failure update: heart failure in ethnic minority populations, heart failure and pregnancy, disease management, and quality improvement/assurance programs.Can J Cardiol. 2010; 26: 185-202
- Effects of moderate and intensive disease management program on outcome in patients with heart failure. The Coordinating Study evaluating Outcomes of Advising and Counselling in Heart Failure (COACH).Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 316-324
- Mode of action and effects of standardized collaborative disease management on mortality and morbidity in patients with systolic heart failure: the Interdisciplinary Network for Heart Failure (INH) study.Circ Heart Fail. 2012; 5: 25-35
- Impact of home versus clinic-based management of chronic heart failure: the WHICH? multicenter, randomized trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1239-1248
- Extended heart failure clinic follow-up in low-risk patients: a randomized clinical trial (NorthStar).Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 432-442
- A trial-based economic evaluation of 2 nurse-led disease management programs in heart failure.Am Heart J. 2011; 162: 1096-1104
- Factors identified as precipitating hospital admissions for heart failure and clinical outcomes: findings from OPTIMIZE-HF.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 847-854
- Insights into the contemporary management of heart failure in specialized multidisciplinary ambulatory clinics.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 1062-1068
- ESC Heart Failure Association Standards for delivering heart failure care.Eur J Heart Fail. 2011; 13: 235-241
- Chronic illness and the life cycle; a conceptual framework.Family Process. 1987; 26: 203-221
- Do patients with heart failure need a case manager?.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2009; 24: 127-131
See article by Howlett, pages 276-280 of this issue.
See page 274 for disclosure information.