Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Risk stratification for the detection of preclinical coronary artery disease.Circulation. 1999; 99: 2610-2612
- Identifying adults at increased risk of coronary disease.JAMA. 1995; 274: 801-806
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Coronary heart disease and stroke deaths - United States, 2006.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011; 60: 62-66
- 2012 update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of dyslipidemia for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in the adult.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 151-167
- General cardiovascular risk profile for use in primary care: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 743-753
- Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) Final Report.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3143-3421
- Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- Improvements in risk stratification for the occurrence of cardiovascular disease by imaging subclinical atherosclerosis: a systematic review.Heart. 2012; 98: 177-184
- ACCF/AHA 2007 clinical expert consensus document on coronary artery calcium scoring by computed tomography in global cardiovascular risk assessment and in evaluation of patients with chest pain: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation clinical expert consensus task force (ACCF/AHA writing committee to update the 2000 expert consensus document on electron beam computed tomography) developed in collaboration with the Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging and Prevention and the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49: 378-402
Anderson TJ, Grégoire J, Hegele RA, et al. Supplement to 2012 Update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Dyslipidemia for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in the Adult. Available at: http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/mmcs/journals/0828-282X/PIIS0828282X12015103.mmc1.pdf. Accessed October 23, 2013.
- ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: the task force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS).Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 1769-1818
- Screening asymptomatic subjects for sublinical atherosclerosis can we, does it matter, and should we?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 56: 98-105
- Parental cardiovascular disease as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease in middle-aged adults – a prospective study of parents and offspring.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2204-2211
- SCCT guidelines for the interpretation and reporting of coronary computed tomographic angiography.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2009; 3: 122-136
- A method for coronary artery calcium scoring using contrast-enhanced computed tomography.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2012; 6: 37-44
- Quantification of coronary artery calcium using ultrafast computed tomography.J Am Coll Cardiology. 1990; 15: 827-832
- Mannheim Carotid Intima-Media Thickness Consensus (2004-2006).Cerbrovasc Dis. 2007; 23: 75-80
- Carotid intima-media thickness and coronary artery calcium score as indicators of subclinical atherosclerosis.Mayo Clin Proc. 2009; 84: 229-233
- Coronary artery calcification compared with carotid intima-media thickness in prediction of cardiovascular disease incidence: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 1333-1339
- A negative carotid plaque area test is superior to other non-invasive atherosclerosis studies for reducing the likelihood of having significant coronary artery disease.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006; 26: 656-662
- Carotid plaque burden as a measure of subclinical atherosclerosis: comparison with other tests for subclinical arterial disease in the High Risk Plaque BioImage study.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 5: 681-689
- Carotid intima-media thickness and coronary atherosclerosis: weak or strong relations?.Eur Heart J. 2007; 28: 398-406
- Association of coronary heart disease risk factors with microscopic qualities of coronary atherosclerosis in youth.Circulation. 2000; 102: 374-379
- Carotid plaque area: a tool for targeting and evaluating vascular preventive therapy.Stroke. 2002; 33: 2916-2922
- Carotid atherosclerosis is a stronger predictor of myocardial infarction in women than in men: a 6-year follow-up study of 6226 persons: the Tromso Study.Stroke. 2007; 38: 2873-2880
See page 1694 for disclosure information.