Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the International Diabetes Federation Task Force on Epidemiology and Prevention; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; American Heart Association; World Heart Federation; International Atherosclerosis Society; and International Association for the Study of Obesity.Circulation. 2009; 120: 1640-1645
- Impaired left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in patients with metabolic syndrome as assessed by strain and strain rate imaging.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2009; 83: 300-307
- Subclinical myocardial dysfunction in metabolic syndrome patients without hypertension.J Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2011; 19: 134-139
- Left ventricular structure and function: basic science for cardiac imaging.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 1988-2001
- Evidence of left ventricular contractile asynchrony by echocardiographic phase imaging in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and without clinically evident heart disease.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 98: 1525-1530
- Impaired left ventricular synchronicity in patients with metabolic syndrome, regardless of hypertension.J Hypertens. 2009; 27: 869-875
- Different modalities of exercise to reduce visceral fat mass and cardiovascular risk in metabolic syndrome: the RESOLVE* randomized trial.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 3634-3642
- The metabolic syndrome as predictor of type 2 diabetes: the San Antonio heart study.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 3153-3159
- Extracellular matrix maturation in the left ventricle of normal and diabetic swine.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2003; 59: 1-9
- Cardiovascular abnormalities in transgenic mice with reduced brown fat: an animal model of human obesity.Circulation. 1999; 100: 2177-2183
- Diffuse late gadolinium enhancement by cardiovascular magnetic resonance predicts significant intraventricular systolic dyssynchrony in patients with non-ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 416-422
- Diabetes and the accompanying hyperglycemia impairs cardiomyocyte calcium cycling through increased nuclear O-GlcNAcylation.J Biol Chem. 2003; 278: 44230-44237
See page 323 for disclosure information.