Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- Heart disease and stroke statistics–2010 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2010; 121: e46-e215
- Clinical epidemiology of heart failure: public and private health burden.Eur Heart J. 1998; 19: P9-16
Canadian Institute for Health Information. 2010; Table 1A: Transplants, by Organ and Donor Type, Province of Treatment, Canada. Available at: http://www.cihi.ca/CIHI-ext-portal/pdf/internet/REPORT_STATS2010_PDF_EN. (Accessed August 16, 2013).
- Advanced heart failure treated with continuous-flow left ventricular assist device.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 2241-2251
- Heart disease and stroke statistics–2011 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123 ([errata in 2011;123:e240 and 2011;124:e426]): e18-e209
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of continuous-flow left ventricular assist devices as destination therapy.Circ Heart Fail. 2012; 5: 10-16
- Fifth INTERMACS annual report: risk factor analysis from more than 6,000 mechanical circulatory support patients.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2013; 32: 141-156
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society focused position statement update on assessment of the cardiac patient for fitness to drive: fitness following left ventricular assist device implantation.Can J Cardiol. 2012; 28: 137-140
- Patient selection for ventricular assist devices: a moving target.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 1209-1221
- Long-term use of a left ventricular assist device for end-stage heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1435-1443
- INTERMACS profiles of advanced heart failure: the current picture.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009; 28: 535-541
- Results of the post-U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approval study with a continuous flow left ventricular assist device as a bridge to heart transplantation: a prospective study using the INTERMACS (Interagency Registry for Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 1890-1898
- Clinical outcomes for continuous-flow left ventricular assist device patients stratified by pre-operative INTERMACS classification.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2011; 30: 402-407
ClinicalTrials.gov. Risk Assessment and Comparative Effectiveness of Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) and Medical Management (ROADMAP).Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01452802. Accessed November 17, 2013.
ClinicalTrials.gov. The Evaluation of VAD InterVEntion Before Inotropic Therapy (REVIVE-IT). Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01369407. Accessed November 17, 2013.
- Influence of beta-blocker continuation or withdrawal on outcomes in patients hospitalized with heart failure: findings from the OPTIMIZE-HF program.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 190-199
- Cardiorenal interactions: insights from the ESCAPE trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 1268-1274
- Influence of nonfatal hospitalization for heart failure on subsequent mortality in patients with chronic heart failure.Circulation. 2007; 116: 1482-1487
- Correlates and prognostic implication of exercise capacity in chronic congestive heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 1985; 55: 1037-1042
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing for evaluation of chronic cardiac failure.Am J Cardiol. 1985; 55: 22A-31A
- Value of peak exercise oxygen consumption for optimal timing of cardiac transplantation in ambulatory patients with heart failure.Circulation. 1991; 83: 778-786
- Prognosis on chronic dobutamine or milrinone infusions for stage D heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2009; 2: 320-324
- Survival benefit of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator in patients on the waiting list for cardiac transplantation.Circulation. 2001; 104: I171-I176
- Hepatic dysfunction in ambulatory patients with heart failure: application of the MELD scoring system for outcome prediction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 2253-2261
- Frailty and the selection of patients for destination therapy left ventricular assist device.Circ Heart Fail. 2012; 5: 286-293
- A comparison of enalapril with hydralazine-isosorbide dinitrate in the treatment of chronic congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 303-310
- Value of peak exercise oxygen consumption combined with B-type natriuretic peptide levels for optimal timing of cardiac transplantation.Circ Heart Fail. 2013; 6: 6-14
- Unplanned hospital readmissions after HeartMate II implantation: frequency, risk factors, and impact on resource use and survival.JACC Heart Fail. 2013; 1: 31-39
- Unexpected abrupt increase in left ventricular assist device thrombosis.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 33-40
- Evaluation of the evidence on the HeartMate II and HeartWare ventricular assist devices for the treatment of chronic end-stage heart failure.Institut nationa d'excellence en snate et en services sociaux, Québec2012: 1-7
- Cost-effectiveness of ventricular assist device therapy as a bridge to transplantation compared with nonbridged cardiac recipients.Circulation. 2013; 127: 2424-2435
- Should eligibility for heart transplantation be a requirement for left ventricular assist device use? Recommendations based on a systematic review.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 1712-1720
- Outcomes of left ventricular assist device implantation as destination therapy in the post-REMATCH era: implications for patient selection.Circulation. 2007; 116: 497-505
- Risk assessment for continuous flow left ventricular assist devices: does the destination therapy risk score work? An analysis of over 1,000 patients.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 44-51
- Predicting survival in patients receiving continuous flow left ventricular assist devices: the HeartMate II risk score.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 313-321
See page 302 for disclosure information.