Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- Estimates of global and regional potential health gains from reducing multiple major risk factors.Lancet. 2003; 362: 271-280
- Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease study 2010.Lancet. 2012; 380: 2095-2128
- Use of secondary prevention drugs for cardiovascular disease in the community in high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries (the PURE study): a prospective epidemiological survey.Lancet. 2011; 378: 1231-1243
- Why are we failing to implement effective therapies in cardiovascular disease?.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 1262-1269
- Predictors of adherence with antihypertensive and lipid-lowering therapy.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 1147-1152
- Polypill and global cardiovascular health strategies.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011; 23: 24-29
- Two decades of progress in preventing vascular disease.Lancet. 2002; 360: 2-3
- A strategy to reduce cardiovascular disease by more than 80%.BMJ. 2003; 326: 1419
- Benefits, challenges, and registerability of the polypill.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 1651-1656
- Maximizing therapeutic envelope for prevention of cardiovascular disease: role of polypill.Mt Sinai J Med. 2012; 79: 683-688
- Polypill: the evidence and the promise.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2009; 20: 453-459
- The polypill in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease.Fund Clin Pharmacol. 2010; 24: 29-35
- Randomized polypill crossover trial in people aged 50 and over.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e41297
- The need to test the theories behind the polypill: rationale behind the Indian Polycap Study.Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2009; 6: 96-97
- A pilot double-blind randomised placebo-controlled trial of the effects of fixed-dose combination therapy (‘polypil’) on cardiovascular risk factors.Int J Clin Pract. 2010; 64: 1220-1227
- A polypill for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a feasibility study of the World Health Organization.Trials. 2011; 12: 3
- An international randomised placebo-controlled trial of a four-component combination pill (“polypill”) in people with raised cardiovascular risk.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e19857
- Effects of a fixed-dose combination strategy on adherence and risk factors in patients with or at high risk of CVD: the UMPIRE randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2013; 310: 918-929
The International Polycap Study 3 (TIPS-3). Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01646437. Accessed November 15th, 2013.
Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation-3. Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00468923. Accessed November 15th, 2013.
Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Middle-aged and Elderly Iranians Using a Single PolyPill. Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01271985. Accessed November 15th, 2013.
- Cardiovascular complications of HIV: an overview of risk and a novel approach to prevention–the HIV polypill study.Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2006; 1: 482-487
- Fixed-dose combinations improve medication compliance: a meta-analysis.Am J Med. 2007; 120: 713-719
- Impact of fixed-dose combination drugs on adherence to prescription medications.J Gen Int Med. 2008; 23: 611-614
- Compliance with antihypertensive therapy in the elderly: a comparison of fixed-dose combination amlodipine/benazepril versus component-based free-combination therapy.Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2008; 8: 45-50
- Fixed-dose combination therapy and secondary cardiovascular prevention: rationale, selection of drugs and target population.Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2009; 6: 101-110
- A polypill for secondary prevention: time to move from intellectual debate to action.Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2007; 4: 173
- Use of a multidrug pill in reducing cardiovascular events (UMPIRE): rationale and design of a randomised controlled trial of a cardiovascular preventive polypill-based strategy in India and Europe.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2014; 21: 252-261
- The fixed-dose combination drug for secondary cardiovascular prevention project: improving equitable access and adherence to secondary cardiovascular prevention with a fixed-dose combination drug. Study design and objectives.Am Heart J. 2011; 162: 811-817.e1
- Combination pharmacotherapy for cardiovascular disease prevention: threat or opportunity for public health?.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 29: 134-138
- Collaborative meta-analysis of randomised trials of antiplatelet therapy for prevention of death, myocardial infarction, and stroke in high risk patients.BMJ. 2002; 324: 71-86
- Efficacy and safety of cholesterol-lowering treatment: prospective meta-analysis of data from 90,056 participants in 14 randomised trials of statins.Lancet. 2005; 366: 1267-1278
- Angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors in stable vascular disease without left ventricular systolic dysfunction or heart failure: a combined analysis of three trials.Lancet. 2006; 368: 581-588
- Beta blockade during and after myocardial infarction: an overview of the randomized trials.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 1985; 27: 335-371
- Projected impact of polypill use among us adults: medication use, cardiovascular risk reduction, and side effects.Am Heart J. 2011; 161: 719-725
- Cardiovascular disease prevention with a multidrug regimen in the developing world: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Lancet. 2006; 368: 679-686
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease in high-risk individuals in low-income and middle-income countries: health effects and costs.Lancet. 2007; 370: 2054-2062
See page 525 for disclosure information.