Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A strategy to reduce cardiovascular disease by more than 80%.BMJ. 2003; 326: 1419
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in drug-treated hypertensive patients and control subjects.J Intern Med. 1999; 245: 163-174
- Long-term absolute benefit of lowering blood pressure in hypertensive patients according to the JNC VI risk stratification.Hypertension. 2000; 35: 539-543
- Blood pressure control by drug group in the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT).J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2008; 10: 751-760
- Prevention of coronary and stroke events with atorvastatin in hypertensive patients who have average or lower-than-average cholesterol concentrations, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial–Lipid Lowering Arm (ASCOT-LLA): a multicentre randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2003; 361: 1149-1158
- Adherence to antihypertensive therapy with fixed-dose amlodipine besylate/benazepril HCl versus comparable component-based therapy.Congest Heart Fail. 2003; 9: 324-332
- A simplified approach to the treatment of uncomplicated hypertension: a cluster randomized, controlled trial.Hypertension. 2009; 53: 646-653
- Cardiovascular protection by initial and subsequent combination of antihypertensive drugs in daily life practice.Hypertension. 2011; 58: 566-572
- Improved blood pressure control associated with a large-scale hypertension program.JAMA. 2013; 310: 699-705
- A single fixed-dose combination for all patients is bad medicine.Can J Cardiol. 2014; 30: 513-516
- Effects of a fixed-dose combination strategy on adherence and risk factors in patients with or at high risk of CVD: the UMPIRE randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2013; 310: 918-929
- Evolution of the polypill concept and ongoing clinical trials.Can J Cardiol. 2014; 30: 520-526
See article by Spence, pages 513-516 of this issue.
See page 518 for disclosure information.