Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global data on visual impairment in the year 2002.Bull World Health Organ. 2004; 82: 844-851
- Trends in cost of major eye disease to Medicare, 1991 to 2000.Am J Ophthalmol. 2006; 142: 976-982
- Human cholesterol metabolism and therapeutic molecules.Exp Physiol. 2008; 93: 27-42
- Efficacy and safety of more intensive lowering of LDL cholesterol: a meta-analysis of data from 170 000 participants in 26 randomized trials.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1670-1681
- Statins for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 1: CD004816
- On the etiology of subcapsular lenticular opacities produced in dogs receiving HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.Exp Eye Res. 1990; 50: 65-78
- Unintended effects of statin in men and women in England and Wales: population based cohort study using the QResearch database.BMJ. 2010; 340: c2197
- Age-related cataract is associated with type 2 diabetes and statin use.Optom Vis Sci. 2012; 89: 1165-1171
- Association of statin use with cataracts: a propensity score-matched analysis.JAMA. 2013; 131: 1427-1434
- Statin use and cataract surgery: a nationwide retrospective cohort study in elderly ethnic Chinese patients.Drug Saf. 2013; 36: 1017-1024
- Absence of effect of simvastatin on the progression of lens opacities in a randomized placebo controlled study.Br J Ophthalmol. 1995; 79: 996-1002
- Cataract and the use of statins: a case-control study.Q J Med. 2003; 96: 337-343
- Risk of cataract in patients treated with statins.Arch Intern Med. 2001; 161: 2021-2026
- MF Rousseau. Statin therapy and cataract in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Metab. 2011; 37: 139-143
- Persistence with statins and incident cataract: a population based historical cohort study.Ann Epidemiol. 2010; 20: 136-142
- Statin use and incident nuclear cataract.JAMA. 2006; 295: 2752-2758
- Statin use and the long term risk of incident cataract: the Blue Mountains eye study.Am J Ophthalmol. 2007; 143: 687-689
- Recent statin use and cataract surgery.Am J Ophthalmol. 2012; 153: 222-228
Population Data BC. Discharge Abstracts Database (Hospital Separations file). Availbable at: http://www.popdata.bc.ca/data/internal/health/dad. Accessed June 23, 2013.
British Columbia Ministry of Health. Medical Services Plan of B.C. Available at: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/index.html. Accessed June 23, 2013.
British Columbia Ministry of Health. PharmaNet. Available at: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/pharmacare/pharmanet/netindex.html. Accessed June 23, 2013.
- Risk of death in elderly users of conventional vs. atypical antipsychotic medications.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2335-2341
- Oral fluoroquinolones and the risk of retinal detachment.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1414-1419
- The nested case-control study in cardiology.Am Heart J. 2003; 146: 581-590
- Withdrawal of cerivastatin from the world market.Curr Control Trials Cardiovasc Med. 2001; 2: 205-207
- Lanosterol synthase mutations cause cholesterol deficiency-associated cataracts in the shumiya cataract rat.J Clin Invest. 2006; 116: 395-404
- Cholesterol and cataracts.Surv Ophthalmol. 1996; 40: 320-337
- Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach.7th Ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia2011
- Statin adverse effects: a review of the literature and evidence for a mitochondrial mechanism.Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2008; 8: 373-418
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for cataract surgery in the adult eye.Can J Ophthalmol. 2008; 43: S7-57
See editorial by Gryn et al., pages 1508-1510 in this issue.
See page 1618 for disclosure information.