Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- General cardiovascular risk profile for use in primary care: the Framingham Heart study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 743-753
- Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the Interheart study): case-control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 937-952
- Metabolic syndrome and risk of acute myocardial infarction a case-control study of 26,903 subjects from 52 countries.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 2390-2398
- Identification and management of cardiometabolic risk in Canada: a position paper by the cardiometabolic risk working group (executive summary).Can J Cardiol. 2011; 27: e1-33
- Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation.Diabet Med. 1998; 15: 539-553
- Definition of metabolic syndrome: report of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute/American Heart Association conference on scientific issues related to definition.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004; 24: e13-e18
- Metabolic syndrome–a new world-wide definition. A consensus statement from the International Diabetes Federation.Diabet Med. 2006; 23: 469-480
- Hypertriglyceridemic waist: a useful screening phenotype in preventive cardiology?.Can J Cardiol. 2007; 23: 23B-31B
- Abdominal obesity and the metabolic syndrome: contribution to global cardiometabolic risk.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008; 28: 1039-1049
- Fasting insulin and apolipoprotein b levels and low-density lipoprotein particle size as risk factors for ischemic heart disease.JAMA. 1998; 279: 1955-1961
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome among us adults: findings from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.JAMA. 2002; 287: 356-359
- Prevalence and trends of metabolic syndrome in the adult U.S. population, 1999-2010.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 697-703
- Metabolic syndrome and risk of cardiovascular disease: a meta-analysis.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 812-819
- Metabolic syndrome and risk of incident cardiovascular events and death: a systematic review and meta-analysis of longitudinal studies.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49: 403-414
- Adverse prognosis associated with the metabolic syndrome in established coronary artery disease: data from the EUROPA trial.Heart. 2007; 93: 1406-1411
- Prognostic impact of metabolic syndrome by different definitions in a population with high prevalence of obesity and diabetes: the Strong Heart Study.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 1851-1856
- The metabolic syndrome predicts cardiovascular events in subjects with normal fasting glucose: results of a 15 years follow-up in a Mediterranean population.Atherosclerosis. 2008; 197: 147-153
- The metabolic syndrome: time for a critical appraisal: joint statement from the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2289-2304
- Metabolic syndrome with and without c-reactive protein as a predictor of coronary heart disease and diabetes in the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study.Circulation. 2003; 108: 414-419
- Risk stratification and selection for statin therapy: going beyond Framingham.Can J Cardiol. 2014; 30: 667-670
- Association between high-sensitive measurement of c-reactive protein and metabolic syndrome as defined by International Diabetes Federation, National Cholesterol Education Program, and World Health Organization criteria in a population-based cohort of 55-year-old Finnish individuals.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 2177-2178
- Human c-reactive protein and the metabolic syndrome.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2009; 20: 182-189
- C-reactive protein, the metabolic syndrome, and risk of incident cardiovascular events: an 8-year follow-up of 14 719 initially healthy American women.Circulation. 2003; 107: 391-397
- Rosuvastatin to prevent vascular events in men and women with elevated c-reactive protein.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 2195-2207
- Identification and management of patients at elevated cardiometabolic risk in Canadian primary care: how well are we doing?.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 960-968
See article by Feldman et al., pages 601-604 of this issue.
See page 599 for disclosure information.