Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Banting lecture 1988. Role of insulin resistance in human disease.Diabetes. 1988; 37: 1595-1607
Bastien M, Poirier P, Lemieux I, Despres JP. Overview of epidemiology and contribution of obesity to cardiovascular disease. Prog Cardiovasc Dis 2014;56:369-81.
Galic S, Oakhill JS, Steinberg GR. Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2010;316:129-39.
- Feast or famine: the sympathetic nervous system response to nutrient intake.Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2006; 26: 497-508
- Nonesterified fatty acids in blood pressure control and cardiovascular complications.Curr Hypertens Rep. 2001; 3: 107-116
- Hemodynamic actions of insulin.Am J Physiol. 1994; 267: E187-E202
- Insulin-mediated vasodilation: impairment with increased blood pressure and body mass.Lancet. 1993; 342: 707-709
- Perivascular adipose tissue in vascular function and disease: a review of current research and animal models.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014; 34: 1621-1630
- Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation.Diabet Med. 1998; 15: 539-553
- Executive Summary of The Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, And Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- Diagnosis and management of the metabolic syndrome: an American Heart Association/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Scientific Statement.Circulation. 2005; 112: 2735-2752
- The metabolic syndrome—a new worldwide definition.Lancet. 2005; 366: 1059-1062
Anderson TJ, Gregoire J, Hegele RA, et al. 2012 update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of dyslipidemia for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in the adult. Can J Cardiol 2013;29:151-67.
- ACE inhibitors versus AT1 blockers in the treatment of hypertension and syndrome X.Can J Cardiol. 2000; 16: 41E-44E
- Issues in hypertension: drug tolerability and special populations.Am J Hypertens. 2001; 14: 231S-236S
- Bariatric surgery: effects on the metabolic complications of obesity.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2012; 14: 95-100
- Psoriasis is a systemic disease with multiple cardiovascular and metabolic comorbidities.Dermatol Clin. 2015; 33: 41-55
- Accumulating evidence for the association and shared pathogenic mechanisms between psoriasis and cardiovascular-related comorbidities.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 1148-1153
See article by Fitchett, pages 596-600 of this issue.
See page 603 for disclosure information.