Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A comparative risk assessment of burden of disease and injury attributable to 67 risk factors and risk factor clusters in 21 regions, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010.Lancet. 2012; 380: 2224-2260
- Putting ACCOMPLISH into context: management of hypertension in 2010.CMAJ. 2010; 182: 1600-1601
- Diagnosed hypertension in Canada: incidence, prevalence and associated mortality.CMAJ. 2012; 184: E49-E56
- Use of blood pressure lowering drugs in the prevention of cardiovascular disease: meta-analysis of 147 randomised trials in the context of expectations from prospective epidemiological studies.BMJ. 2009; 338: b1665
- Effects of different regimens to lower blood pressure on major cardiovascular events in older and younger adults: meta-analysis of randomised trials.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1121-1123
- Increases in antihypertensive prescriptions and reductions in cardiovascular events in Canada.Hypertension. 2009; 53: 128-134
- Results of the Ontario survey on the prevalence and control of hypertension.CMAJ. 2008; 178: 1441-1449
- Outpatient hypertension treatment, treatment intensification, and control in Western Europe and the United States.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 141-147
Hypertension Canada. Canadian Hypertension Education Program (CHEP) Recommendations. Available at: http://www.hypertension.ca/en/chep. Accessed May 5, 2009.
- Antihypertensive medication use, adherence, stops, and starts in Canadians with hypertension.Can J Cardiol. 2012; 28: 383-389
- Changes in the rates of awareness, treatment and control of hypertension in Canada over the past two decades.CMAJ. 2011; 183: 1007-1013
- Canadian provincial trends in antihypertensive drug prescriptions between 1996 and 2006.Can J Cardiol. 2011; 27: 461-467
- The 2014 Canadian Hypertension Education Program recommendations for blood pressure measurement, diagnosis, assessment of risk, prevention, and treatment of hypertension.Can J Cardiol. 2014; 30: 485-501
- Benazepril plus amlodipine or hydrochlorothiazide for hypertension in high-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 2417-2428
- The obesity epidemic and its impact on hypertension.Can J Cardiol. 2012; 28: 326-333
- National, regional, and global trends in body mass index since 1980: systematic analysis of health examination surveys and epidemiological studies with 960 country-years and 9.1 million participants.Lancet. 2011; 377: 557-567
- Systemic implementation strategies to improve hypertension: the Kaiser Permanente Southern California experience.Can J Cardiol. 2014; 30: 544-552
- Community Outreach and Cardiovascular Health (COACH) Trial: a randomized, controlled trial of nurse practitioner/community health worker cardiovascular disease risk reduction in urban community health centers.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2011; 4: 595-602
See editorial by Spence, pages 593-595 of this issue.
See page 669 for disclosure information.