Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- Prevalence of diagnosed atrial fibrillation in adults: national implications for rhythm management and stroke prevention: the AnTicoagulation and Risk Factors in Atrial Fibrillation (ATRIA) study.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2370-2375
- Prevalence, age distribution, and gender of patients with atrial fibrillation. Analysis and implications.Arch Intern Med. 1995; 155: 469-473
- Major hemorrhage and tolerability of warfarin in the first year of therapy among elderly patients with atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2007; 115: 2689-2696
- Long-term prognosis after recovery from primary intracerebral hemorrhage.Neurology. 2002; 59: 205-209
- Recurrent primary intracerebral hemorrhage: a hospital based study.Acta Neurol Taiwan. 2007; 16: 74-80
- Recurrent primary cerebral hemorrhage: frequency, mechanisms, and prognosis.Stroke. 1998; 29: 1802-1805
- The PROTECT AF (WATCHMAN Left Atrial Appendage System for Embolic PROTECTion in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation) trial.Am Heart J. 2006; 151: 956-961
- Safety of percutaneous left atrial appendage closure: results from the Watchman Left Atrial Appendage System for Embolic Protection in Patients with AF (PROTECT AF) clinical trial and the Continued Access Registry.Circulation. 2011; 123: 417-424
- ESC Committee for Practice Guidelines (CPG). 2012 focused update of the ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: an update of the 2010 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation. Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2719-2747
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society Atrial Fibrillation Guidelines Committee. Focused 2012 update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society atrial fibrillation guidelines: recommendations for stroke prevention and rate/rhythm control.Can J Cardiol. 2012; 28: 125-136
- Secular trends in incidence of atrial fibrillation in Olmsted County, Minnesota, 1980 to 2000, and implications on the projections for future prevalence.Circulation. 2006; 114: 119-125
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure: procedural techniques and outcomes.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014; 7: 1205-1220
- Cardiac CT angiography for device surveillance after endovascular left atrial appendage closure.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 16: 1198-1206
- Recurrent brain hemorrhage is more frequent than ischemic stroke after intracranial hemorrhage.Neurology. 2001; 56: 773-777
- PROTECT AF Investigators. Percutaneous closure of the left atrial appendage versus warfarin therapy for prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation: a randomised non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2009; 374: 534-542
- PROTECT AF Investigators. Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure for stroke prophylaxis in patients with atrial fibrillation: 2.3-year follow-up of the PROTECT AF (Watchman Left Atrial Appendage System for Embolic Protection in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation) trial.Circulation. 2013; 127: 720-729
- Long term results of the PROTECT AF: the mortality effects of left atrial appendage closure versus warfarin for stroke prophylaxis in AF. Paper presented at: Heart Rhythm Society Scientific Session.May 8-11, 2013 (Denver, CO)
- Prospective Randomized Evaluation of the Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation Versus Long-Term Warfarin Therapy: The PREVAIL Trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 1-12
- Left atrial appendage closure as an alternative to warfarin for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: a patient-level meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 2614-2623
Tzikas A, Shakir S, Gafoor S, et al. Left atrial appendage occlusion for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: multicentre experience with the AMPLATZER Cardiac Plug [e-pub ahead of print]. EuroIntervention http://dx.doi.org/10.4244/EIJY15M01_06, accessed January 4, 2016.
- Left atrial appendage closure with the Watchman device in patients with a contraindication for oral anticoagulation: the ASAP study (ASA Plavix Feasibility Study With Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure Technology).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 2551-2556
- Clopidogrel plus aspirin versus oral anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation in the Atrial fibrillation Clopidogrel Trial with Irbesartan for prevention of Vascular Events (ACTIVE W): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2006; 367: 1903-1912
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure with the AMPLATZER cardiac plug device in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation and contraindications to anticoagulation therapy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 96-102
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Left atrial appendage occlusion in atrial fibrillation after intracranial hemorrhage.Neurology. 2014; 82: 135-138
See editorial by Jaffer and Whitlock, pages 281-282 of this issue.
See page 353 for disclosure information.