Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global Status Report on Noncommunicable Diseases 2014.World Health Organization, Geneva2014
- Presentation, management, and outcomes of ischaemic heart disease in women.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2013; 10: 508-518
- Effectiveness-based guidelines for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in women–2011 update: a guideline from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123: 1243-1262
- Cardiac rehabilitation for people with heart disease: an overview of Cochrane systematic reviews.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 12: CD011273
- Relationship between cardiac rehabilitation and survival after acute cardiac hospitalization within a universal health care system.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2009; 16: 102-113
- Canadian Guidelines for Cardiac Rehabilitation and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention: Translating Knowledge Into Action.3rd ed. Canadian Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, Winnipeg2009
- AHA/ACCF secondary prevention and risk reduction therapy for patients with coronary and other atherosclerotic vascular disease: 2011 update: a guideline from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology Foundation.Circulation. 2011; 124: 2458-2473
- Sex differences in cardiac rehabilitation enrollment: a meta-analysis.Can J Cardiol. 2014; 30: 793-800
- Sex bias in referral of women to outpatient cardiac rehabilitation? A meta-analysis.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2015; 22: 423-441
- Why are women missing from outpatient cardiac rehabilitation programs? A review of multilevel factors affecting referral, enrollment, and completion.J Womens Health. 2002; 11: 773-791
- Cardiac rehabilitation attendance and outcomes in coronary artery disease patients.Circulation. 2012; 126: 677-687
- Cardiac rehabilitation referral, attendance and mortality in women.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2015; 22: 979-986
- Cardiac rehabilitation patient and organizational factors: what keeps patients in programs?.J Am Heart Assoc. 2013; 2: e000418
- Non-attendance and drop-out in cardiac rehabilitation among patients with ischaemic heart disease.Dan Med J. 2014; 61: A4919
- Narrative review comparing the benefits of and participation in cardiac rehabilitation in high-, middle- and low-income countries.Heart Lung Circ. 2015; 24: 510-520
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate healthcare interventions: explanation and elaboration.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2700
- The feasibility of creating a checklist for the assessment of the methodological quality both of randomised and non-randomised studies of health care interventions.J Epidemiol Community Health. 1998; 52: 377-384
Review Manager (RevMan). Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011.
- Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test.BMJ. 1997; 315: 629-634
- Trim and fill: a simple funnel-plot-based method of testing and adjusting for publication bias in meta-analysis.Biometrics. 2000; 56: 455-463
Comprehensive Meta-Analysis. Available at: https://www.meta-analysis.com/index.php. Accessed March 8, 2016.
- Integrated cardiovascular rehabilitation: how do noncardiac and polyvascular disease patients fare?.J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2015; 35: 114-123
- Barriers to participation in cardiac rehabilitation.Am Heart J. 2009; 158: 852-859
- Patient characteristics, compliance, and exercise outcomes of South Asians enrolled in cardiac rehabilitation.J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2007; 27: 212-218
- An early appointment to outpatient cardiac rehabilitation at hospital discharge improves attendance at orientation: a randomized, single-blind, controlled trial.Circulation. 2013; 127: 349-355
- Use of outpatient cardiac rehabilitation services: factors associated with attendance.J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 1992; 12: 25-31
- A multisite examination of sex differences in cardiac rehabilitation barriers by participation status.J Womens Health. 2009; 18: 209-216
- Depression predicts failure to complete phase-II cardiac rehabilitation.J Behav Med. 2008; 31: 421-431
- A prospective comparison of cardiac rehabilitation enrollment following automatic vs usual referral.J Rehabil Med. 2007; 39: 239-245
- Comparison of the clinical profile and outcome of women and men in cardiac rehabilitation.Am J Cardiol. 1992; 69: 1274-1279
- Variation in patient perceptions of healthcare provider endorsement of cardiac rehabilitation courtney.J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2012; 32: 192-197
- Drop-out predictors in cardiac rehabilitation programmes and the impact of sex differences among coronary heart disease patients in an Iranian sample: a cohort study.Clin Rehabil. 2007; 21: 362-372
- Participation in cardiac rehabilitation, readmissions, and death after acute myocardial infarction.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 538-546
- Major depressive disorder predicts completion, adherence, and outcomes in cardiac rehabilitation: a prospective cohort study of 195 patients with coronary artery disease.J Clin Psychiatry. 2011; 72: 1181-1188
- Increasing access to cardiac rehabilitation: automatic referral to the program nearest home.J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2004; 24: 171-174
- Factors influencing participation in cardiac rehabilitation programmes after referral and initial attendance: qualitative systematic review and meta-synthesis.Clin Rehabil. 2013; 27: 948-959
The Canadian Cardiovascular Society. Bridge. Available at: http://bridge.ccs.ca/index.php/en. Accessed May 1, 2015.
Canadian Association of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation. Canadian Cardiac Rehab Registry. Available at: http://www.cacpr.ca/resources/registry.cfm. Accessed May 1, 2015.
- Promoting patient uptake and adherence in cardiac rehabilitation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 6: CD007131
- The effects of a cardiac rehabilitation program tailored for women on global quality of life: a randomized clinical trial.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2010; 19: 1977-1985
See editorial by Sedlak and Humphries, pages 1283–1285 of this issue.
See page 1323 for disclosure information.