Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- 2015 ESC/ERS Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension: the Joint Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS). Endorsed by: Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology (AEPC), International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT).Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 67-119
- Pharmacologic principles for combination therapy.Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2005; 2: 282-289
- Combination therapy with oral sildenafil and inhaled iloprost for severe pulmonary hypertension.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 136: 515-522
- Immediate and long-term hemodynamic and clinical effects of sildenafil in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension receiving vasodilator therapy.Mayo Clin Proc. 2003; 78: 1207-1213
- Acute effects of sildenafil in patients with primary pulmonary hypertension receiving epoprostenol.Exp Lung Res. 2004; 30: 135-145
- Acute hemodynamic effects of single-dose sildenafil when added to established bosentan therapy in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: results of the COMPASS-1 study.J Clin Pharmacol. 2009; 49: 1343-1352
- Addition of sildenafil to long-term intravenous epoprostenol therapy in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: a randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 149: 521-530
- ACCF/AHA 2009 expert consensus document on pulmonary hypertension: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Expert Consensus Documents and the American Heart Association: developed in collaboration with the American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, Inc, and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association.Circulation. 2009; 119: 2250-2294
- Updated treatment algorithm of pulmonary arterial hypertension.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: D60-D72
- Meta-analysis of monotherapy versus combination therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension.Am J Cardiol. 2011; 108: 1177-1182
- End points in pulmonary arterial hypertension: the role of clinical worsening.Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2010; 16: S1-S9
Higgins JPT, Green S. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions, version 5.1.0, updated March 2011. Available at: http://training.cochrane.org/handbook. Accessed September 10, 2015.
- Meta-analysis in clinical trials.Control Clin Trials. 1986; 7: 177-188
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2013
Schwarzer G. Meta: general Package for Meta-Analysis 2015. R package version 4.3-0. Available at: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/meta/index.html. Accessed September 10, 2015.
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: The PRISMA statement.PLoS Med. 2009; : e10000097
- Tadalafil therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension.Circulation. 2009; 119: 2894-2903
- Tadalafil monotherapy and as add-on to background bosentan in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2011; 30: 632-643
- Combination therapy with bosentan and sildenafil in Eisenmenger syndrome: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded trial.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 1124-1131
- Effects of iloprost combined with low dose tadalafil in adult congenital heart disease patients with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension: a single-center, open-label controlled study.Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2014; 42: 474-480
- Combination of bosentan with epoprostenol in pulmonary arterial hypertension: BREATHE-2.Eur Respir J. 2004; 24: 353-359
- Combining inhaled iloprost with bosentan in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.Eur Respir J. 2006; 28: 691-694
- Randomized study of adding inhaled iloprost to existing bosentan in pulmonary arterial hypertension.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006; 174: 1257-1263
- Addition of inhaled treprostinil to oral therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension: a randomized controlled clinical trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 1915-1922
- Oral treprostinil for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension in patients on background endothelin receptor antagonist and/or phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor therapy (the FREEDOM-C study): a randomized controlled trial.Chest. 2012; 142: 1383-1390
- Selexipag: an oral, selective prostacyclin receptor agonist for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.Eur Respir J. 2012; 40: 874-880
- Oral treprostinil for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension in patients receiving background endothelin receptor antagonist and phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor therapy (the FREEDOM-C2 study): a randomized controlled trial.Chest. 2013; 144: 952-958
- Riociguat for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 330-340
- Macitentan and morbidity and mortality in pulmonary arterial hypertension.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 809-818
- Randomized study of adding tadalafil to existing ambrisentan in pulmonary arterial hypertension.Hypertens Res. 2014; 37: 507-512
- Bosentan added to sildenafil therapy in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.Eur Respir J. 2015; 46: 405-413
- Initial use of ambrisentan plus tadalafil in pulmonary arterial hypertension.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 834-844
- Selexipag for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2522-2533
Sitaxsentan efficacy and safety trial with a randomized prospective assessment of adding sildenafil (SR-PAAS). Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT00795639. Accessed September 10, 2015.
The “VISION” trial: ventavis inhalation with sildenafil to improve and optimize pulmonary arterial hypertension. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00302211. Accessed September 10, 2015.
Assess the efficacy and safety of sildenafil when added to bosentan in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00323297. Accessed September 10, 2015.
- The prognostic impact of follow-up assessments in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.Eur Respir J. 2012; 39: 589-596
- Functional class improvement and 3-year survival outcomes in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension in the REVEAL registry.Chest. 2013; 144: 160-168
- A comparison of continuous intravenous epoprostenol (prostacyclin) with conventional therapy for primary pulmonary hypertension. The Primary Pulmonary Hypertension Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 296-302
- Efficacy and safety of phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitors for pulmonary arterial hypertension: a meta-analysis focusing on 6MWD.Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2015; 32: 24-28
- Predicting outcomes in pulmonary arterial hypertension based on the 6-minute walk distance.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2015; 34: 362-368
- Goal-oriented treatment and combination therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension.Eur Respir J. 2005; 26: 858-863
See page 1528 for disclosure information.