Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence of sudden cardiac death in athletes: a state-of-the-art review.Br J Sports Med. 2014; 48: 1185-1192
- Risk of sports: do we need a pre-participation screening for competitive and leisure athletes?.Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 934-944
- Recommendations and considerations related to preparticipation screening for cardiovascular abnormalities in competitive athletes: 2007 update.Circulation. 2007; 115: 1643-1655
- Sudden death in young competitive athletes. Clinical, demographic, and pathological profiles.JAMA. 1996; 276: 199-204
- The Atlantic rift: guidelines for athletic screening-where should canada stand?.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 400-406
- Assessment of the 12-lead electrocardiogram as a screening test for detection of cardiovascular disease in healthy general populations of young people (12-25 years of age).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 1479-1514
- Eligibility and disqualification recommendations for competitive athletes with cardiovascular abnormalities: Task Force 2: preparticipation screening for cardiovascular disease in competitive athletes: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology.Circulation. 2015; 132: e267-e272
- Clinical predictors of cardiac syncope at initial evaluation in patients referred urgently to a general hospital: the EGSYS score.Heart. 2008; 94: 1620-1626
- Diagnostic value of history in patients with syncope with or without heart disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 37: 1921-1928
- Diagnostic criteria for vasovagal syncope based on a quantitative history.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 344-350
- Syncope and structural heart disease: historical criteria for vasovagal syncope and ventricular tachycardia.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010; 21: 1358-1364
- Do symptoms predict cardiac arrhythmias and mortality in patients with syncope?.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 375-380
- The value of the clinical history in the differentiation of syncope due to ventricular tachycardia, atrioventricular block, and neurocardiogenic syncope.Am J Med. 1995; 98: 365-373
- Electrocardiographic interpretation in athletes: the “Seattle criteria”.Br J Sports Med. 2013; 47: 122-124
Mortara Instrument. Cardioserver. Version 4.1.1. Montara Instrument ECG Machines. 2012. Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
VScan. Milwaukee, Wisconsin: GE Healthcare.
- MSC Payment Schedule.(Available at:)http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/practitioner-pro/medical-services-plan/msc-payment-schedule-2016.pdf(Accessed August 10, 2016)
- Clinical profile of athletes with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 8: 1-11
- The effectiveness of screening history, physical exam, and ECG to detect potentially lethal cardiac disorders in athletes: a systematic review/meta-analysis.J Electrocardiol. 2015; 48: 329-338
- Point/Mandatory ECG screening of young competetive athletes.Heart Rhythm. 2012; 9: 1642-1645
- Interpretation of the electrocardiogram in athletes.Can J Cardiol. 2015; 3: 1234-1237
- Counterpoint/Mandatory ECG screening of young competitive athletes.Heart Rhythm. 2012; 9: 1897
- Is the cost the reason for missing the ECG advantages?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 2227-2229
- CRY's Costs.(Available at:)Accessed April 25, 2016)
- Systematic echocardiography is not efficacious when screening an ethnically diverse cohort of athletes in West Asia.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2015; 22: 263-270
- Cardiovascular screening with electrocardiography and echocardiography in collegiate athletes.Am J Med. 2011; 124: 511-518
See editorial by Papadakis and Sharma, pages 33–35 of this issue.
See page 160 for disclosure information.