Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Etiology of sudden death in sports: insights from a United Kingdom regional registry.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2108-2115
- Eligibility and disqualification recommendations for competitive athletes with cardiovascular abnormalities: Task Force 2: preparticipation screening for cardiovascular disease in competitive athletes: a scientific statement from the american heart association and american college of cardiology.Circulation. 2015; 132: e267-e272
- Cardiovascular pre-participation screening of young competitive athletes for prevention of sudden death: proposal for a common European protocol. Consensus Statement of the Study Group of Sport Cardiology of the Working Group of Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology and the Working Group of Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 516-524
- Sudden cardiac death in athletes: the Lausanne Recommendations.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2006; 13: 859-875
- The Atlantic rift: guidelines for athletic screening-where should Canada stand?.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 400-406
- Sudden death in young competitive athletes. Clinical, demographic, and pathological profiles.JAMA. 1996; 276: 199-204
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy as a cause of sudden cardiac death in the young: a meta-analysis.Am J Med. 2016; 129: 486-496
- Trends in sudden cardiovascular death in young competitive athletes after implementation of a preparticipation screening program.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1593-1601
Ghani S, Papadakis M, Kemp S, et al. Results of a nationally implemented de novo cardiac screening programme in elite rugby players in England [e-pub ahead of print]. Br J Sports Med doi:10.1136/bjsports-2015-095902.
- Cardiovascular screening with electrocardiography and echocardiography in collegiate athletes.Am J Med. 2011; 124: 511-518
- The Seattle Criteria increase the specificity of preparticipation ECG screening among elite athletes.Br J Sports Med. 2014; 48: 1144-1150
- The Lausanne recommendations: a Dutch experience.Br J Sports Med. 2009; 43: 708-715
- The effectiveness of screening history, physical exam, and ECG to detect potentially lethal cardiac disorders in athletes: a systematic review/meta-analysis.J Electrocardiol. 2015; 48: 329-338
- Comparison of electrocardiographic criteria for the detection of cardiac abnormalities in elite black and white athletes.Circulation. 2014; 129: 1637-1649
- The prevalence, distribution, and clinical outcomes of electrocardiographic repolarization patterns in male athletes of African/Afro-Caribbean origin.Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 2304-2313
- Detecting underlying cardiovascular disease in young competitive athletes.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 155-161
- Electrocardiographic interpretation in athletes: the 'Seattle criteria'.Br J Sports Med. 2013; 47: 122-124
- Cost implications of using different ECG criteria for screening young athletes in the United Kingdom.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 702-711
See article by McKinney et al., pages 155–161 of this issue.
See page 35 for disclosure information.