Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- Projections of preventable risks for cardiovascular disease in Canada to 2021: a microsimulation modelling approach.CMAJ Open. 2014; 2: E94-E101
- Tracking Heart Disease and Stroke in Canada.(Ottawa)2009 (Available at:)Accessed February 1, 2016)
- The association between cognitive impairment and unsuccessful self-management in patients with heart failure [abstract N046].Can J Cardiol. 2015; 31: S328-S329
- Cognitive epidemiology.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2007; 61: 378-384
- Mental ability age 11 years and health status age 77 years.Age Ageing. 2000; 29: 523-528
- Association of childhood intelligence with risk of coronary heart disease and stroke: findings from the Aberdeen Children of the 1950s cohort study.Eur J Epidemiol. 2008; 23: 695-706
- Childhood intelligence in relation to adult coronary heart disease and stroke risk: evidence from a Danish birth cohort study.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2005; 19: 452-459
- Childhood IQ in relation to risk factors for premature mortality in middle-aged persons: the Aberdeen Children of the 1950s study.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2007; 61: 241-247
- Childhood IQ and cardiovascular disease in adulthood: prospective observational study linking the Scottish Mental Survey 1932 and the Midspan studies.Soc Sci Med. 2004; 59: 2131-2138
- IQ in childhood and atherosclerosis in middle-age: 40 year follow-up of the Newcastle Thousand Families cohort study.Atherosclerosis. 2013; 231: 234-237
- Childhood cognition and risk factors for cardiovascular disease in midadulthood: the 1958 British birth cohort study.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 129-136
- Chapter 2: cognitive determinants of health behavior.in: Steptoe A. Handbook of Behavioral Medicine: Methods and Applications. Springer, New York2010: 19-31
- Childhood cognitive ability and adult mental health in the British 1946 Birth Cohort.Soc Sci Med. 2007; 64: 2285-2296
- Pathways from childhood intelligence and socioeconomic status to late-life cardiovascular disease risk.Health Psychol. 2012; 31: 403-412
- Associations between childhood intelligence (IQ), adult morbidity and mortality.Maturitas. 2010; 65: 98-105
The National Bureau of Economic Research. Meghir C, Palme M, Simeonova E. Education, Cognition and Health: Evidence From a Social Experiment. Report No. w19002. 2013. Available at: www.nber.org/papers/w19002. Accessed May 1, 2016.
- Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology: a proposal for reporting. Meta-analysis Of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (MOOSE) group.JAMA. 2000; 283: 2008-2012
- Time for the changing of the guard: a farewell to short forms of intelligence tests.J Psychoeduc Assess. 2001; 19: 245-267
- The stability of individual differences in mental ability from childhood to old age: follow-up of the 1932 Scottish Mental Survey.Intelligence. 2000; 28: 49-55
- Accuracy of ICD-9-CM codes for identifying cardiovascular and stroke risk factors.Med Care. 2005; 43: 480-485
Wells GA, Shea B, O'Connell D, et al. The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for assessing the quality of nonrandomised studies in meta-analyses; 2000. Available at: www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.asp. Accessed January 20, 2015.
- A checklist designed to aid consistency and reproducibility of GRADE assessments: development and pilot validation.Syst Rev. 2014; 3: 82
Higgins JP, Green, S. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration. 2011. Available at: http://handbook.cochrane.org/. Accessed January 20, 2015.
- Early adult to midlife cardiovascular risk factors and cognitive function.Circulation. 2014; 129: 1560-1567
- A quantitative meta-analysis of population-based studies of premorbid intelligence and schizophrenia.Schizophr Res. 2011; 132: 220-227
- Childhood IQ, social class, deprivation, and their relationship with mortality and morbidity risk in later life: prospective observational study linking the Scottish Mental Survey 1932 and the Midspan studies.Psychosom Med. 2003; 65: 877-883
- Socioeconomic position in early life, birth weight, childhood cognitive function, and adult mortality. A longitudinal study of Danish men born in 1953.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2003; 57: 681-686
- Childhood mental ability and blood pressure at midlife: linking the Scottish Mental Survey 1932 and the Midspan studies.J Hypertens. 2004; 22: 893-897
- The impact of childhood intelligence on later life: following up the Scottish Mental Surveys of 1932 and 1947.J Pers Soc Psychol. 2004; 86: 130-147
- The Intelligence of Scottish Children: A National Survey of an Age Group.University of London Press, London1933
- Intelligence in relation to obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obes Rev. 2010; 11: 656-670
- Intelligence, education, and mortality.BMJ. 2010; 340: c563
- Does IQ explain socioeconomic inequalities in health? Evidence from a population based cohort study in the west of Scotland.BMJ. 2006; 332: 580-584
- Health literacy: addressing the health and education divide.Health Promot Int. 2001; 16: 289-297
- Social learning theory and the Health Belief Model.Health Educ Q. 1988; 15: 175-183
- Childhood cognitive ability and deaths up until middle age: a post-war birth cohort study.Int J Epidemiol. 2004; 33: 408-413
- What Is Intelligence? Beyond the Flynn Effect.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge2007
- Socioeconomic status (SES) and children's intelligence (IQ): In a UK-representative sample SES moderates the environmental, not genetic, effect on IQ.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e30320
- Mental ability across childhood in relation to risk factors for premature mortality in adult life: the 1970 British Cohort Study.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2007; 61: 997-1003
- 2014 Global geographic analysis of mortality from ischaemic heart disease by country, age and income: statistics from World Health Organisation and United Nations.Int J Cardiol. 2014; 174: 293-298
See page 241 for disclosure information.