Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
US Department of Health and Human Services. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. National Guideline Clearinghouse. Available at: www.guideline.gov. Accessed April 28, 2016.
- Scientific evidence underlying the ACC/AHA clinical practice guidelines.JAMA. 2009; 301: 831-841
- Graham R. Mancher M. Wolman D.M. Greenfield S. Steinberg E. Clinical Practice Guidelines We Can Trust. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
Nix MP. What a difference a year makes: 1 year after implementing the AHRQ National Guideline Clearinghouse's revised inclusion criteria. Available at: http://growthevidence.com/what-a-difference-a-year-makes-1-year-after-implementing-the-ahrq-national-guideline-clearinghouses-revised-inclusion-criteria/. Accessed April 28, 2016.
- Nonfasting for routine lipid testing. From evidence to action.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1005-1006
- ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: the task force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS).Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 1769-1818
NICE. National Institute for Health and Care and Excellence. Lipid modification: cardiovascular risk assessment and the modification of blood lipids for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg181. Accessed April 30, 2016.
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the treatment of blood cholesterol to reduce atherosclerotic cardiovascular risk in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2014; 129: S1-S45
- 2016 Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines for the management of dyslipidemia for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in the adult.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 1263-1282
- 2016 ESC/EAS Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidaemias: the Task Force for the Management of Dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS) developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR).Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2999-3058
- Non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol: current status as cardiovascular marker.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2015; 26: 502-510
- Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1837-1847
- General cardiovascular risk profile for use in primary care: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 743-753
- Prediction of first coronary events with the Framingham score: a systematic review.Am Heart J. 2007; 153: 722-731
- Family history of premature coronary heart disease and risk prediction in the EPIC-Norfolk prospective population study.Heart. 2010; 96: 1985-1989
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk. A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association task force on practice guidelines.Circulation. 2014; 129: S49-S73
- Predicting cardiovascular risk in England and Wales: prospective derivation and validation of QRISK2.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1475-1482
- Effect of long-term exposure to lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol beginning early in life on the risk of coronary heart disease. A Mendelian randomization analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 631-639
- Diagnostic yield and clinical utility of sequencing familial hypercholesterolemia genes in patients with severe hypercholesterolemia.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2578-2589
- Efficacy and safety of more intensive lowering of LDL cholesterol: a meta-analysis of data from 170,000 participants in 26 randomised trials.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1670-1681
- 2013 Cholesterol guidelines revisited: percent LDL cholesterol reduction or attained LDL cholesterol level or both for prognosis?.Am J Med. 2016; 129: 384-391
- Counterpoint: low-density lipoprotein cholesterol targets are not needed in lipid treatment guidelines.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016; 36: 586-590
- 2016 ACC expert consensus decision pathway on the role of non-statin therapies for LDL-cholesterol lowering in the management of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 92-125
- Very low levels of atherogenic lipoproteins and the risk for cardiovascular events: a meta-analysis of statin trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 485-494
- Percent reduction in LDL cholesterol following high-intensity statin therapy: potential implications for guidelines and for the prescription of emerging lipid-lowering agents.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 1373-1379
- Cholesterol, not just cardiovascular risk, is important in deciding who should receive statin treatment.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 2975-2983
- Lower might be better – it matters how you get there, and in whom.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 1380-1383
- Individualized statin benefit for determining statin eligibility in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2016; 133: 1574-1581
- Thresholds for taking antihypertensive drugs in different professional and lay groups: questionnaire survey.BMJ. 2000; 320: 1446-1447
- Interpretation of the evidence for the efficacy and safety of statin therapy.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2532-2561
- Ezetimibe added to statin therapy after acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2387-2397
FDA Briefing Document. Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee, December 14, 2015. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/Drugs/EndocrinologicandMetabolicDrugsAdvisoryCommittee/UCM476505.pdf. Accessed December 10, 2016.
- PCSK9 inhibitors to lower LDL-cholesterol and reduce cardiovascular risk. Great expectations.Circ Res. 2015; 116: 1643-1645
- PCSK9 inhibitors for statin intolerance?.JAMA. 2016; 315: 1571-1572
- Cost-effectiveness of PCSK9 inhibitor therapy in patients with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia or atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.JAMA. 2016; 316: 743-753
- Effect of clinical guidelines on medical practice: a systematic review of rigorous evaluations.Lancet. 1993; 342: 1317-1322
- Use of secondary prevention drugs for cardiovascular disease in the community in high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries (the PURE Study): a prospective epidemiological survey.Lancet. 2011; 378: 1231-1243
- Interventions to improve adherence to cardiovascular disease guidelines: a systematic review.BMC Fam Pract. 2015; 16: 147
- Cardiovascular disease in Europe 2014: epidemiological update.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 2950-2959
- Recent trends in cardiovascular mortality in the United States and public health goals.JAMA Cardiol. 2016; 1: 594-599
- Recent temporal changes in atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases in Ontario: clinical and health systems impact.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 378-384
See page 348 for disclosure information.