Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Amiodarone or an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator for congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 225-237
- Prophylactic implantation of a defibrillator in patients with myocardial infarction and reduced ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 877-883
- Cardiac-resynchronization therapy for mild-to-moderate heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2385-2395
- Cardiac-resynchronization therapy for the prevention of heart-failure events.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1329-1338
- Use of implantable cardioverter defibrillators after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a prospective follow-up study.CMAJ. 2004; 171: 1053-1056
- Use of primary prevention implantable cardioverter-defibrillators in a population-based cohort is associated with a significant survival benefit.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2012; 5: 706-713
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator utilization based on discharge diagnoses from Medicare and managed care patients.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2002; 13: 38-43
- Utilization of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators in survivors of cardiac arrest in the United States from 1996 to 2001.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 44: 855-858
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator use among medicare patients with low ejection fraction after acute myocardial infarction.JAMA. 2015; 313: 2433-2440
- Proportion of patients followed in a specialized heart failure clinic needing an implantable cardioverter defibrillator as determined by applying different trial eligibility criteria.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97: 882-885
- Heart failure clinics are associated with clinical benefit in both tertiary and community care settings: data from the Improving Cardiovascular Outcomes in Nova Scotia (ICONS) registry.Can J Cardiol. 2009; 25: e306-e311
- Impact of care at a multidisciplinary congestive heart failure clinic: a randomized trial.CMAJ. 2005; 173: 40-45
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society/Canadian Heart Rhythm Society position paper on implantable cardioverter defibrillator use in Canada.Can J Cardiol. 2005; 21: 11A-18A
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines on the use of cardiac resynchronization therapy: evidence and patient selection.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 182-195
- Barriers to patients eligible for screening investigations and insertion of primary prevention implantable cardioverter defibrillators.Europace. 2014; 16: 1575-1579
- Patient perceptions, physician communication, and the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 571-577
- Patients’ decision making to accept or decline an implantable cardioverter defibrillator for primary prevention of sudden cardiac death.Health Expect. 2013; 16: 69-79
- Use of a screening tool improves appropriate referral to an electrophysiologist for implantable cardioverter-defibrillators for primary prevention of sudden cardiac death.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2011; 4: 152-156
- Patterns of care and outcomes differ for urban versus rural patients with newly diagnosed heart failure, even in a universal healthcare system.Circ Heart Fail. 2011; 4: 317-323
See editorial by Wilton and Lyons, pages 420–421 of this issue.
See page 442 for disclosure information.