The Chief Public Health Officer’s Report on the State of Public Health in Canada.
An aging world: 2015.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Chief Public Health Officer’s Report on the State of Public Health in Canada.2014 (Public Health in the Future. Available at:)Accessed September 9, 2016)
- An aging world: 2015.(Available at:)Accessed December 13, 2016)
- Age as a risk factor.Med Clin North Am. 2012; 96: 87-91
- Pulse pressure, arterial stiffness, and end-organ damage.Curr Hypertens Rep. 2012; 14: 339-344
- Aging, arterial stiffness, and hypertension.Hypertension. 2014; 65: 252-256
- Applying atherosclerotic risk prevention guidelines to elderly patients: a bridge too far?.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 598-602
- Hypertension Canada’s 2016 CHEP guidelines for blood pressure measurement, diagnosis, assessment of risk, prevention and treatment of hypertension.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 569-588
- Re-examining the efficacy of beta-blockers for the treatment of hypertension: a meta-analysis.CMAJ. 2006; 174: 1737-1742
- Treatment of hypertension in patients 80 years of age or older.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 1887-1898
- A randomized trial of intensive versus standard blood pressure control.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2103-2116
- Intensive vs standard blood pressure control and cardiovascular disease outcomes in adults aged ≥75 years.JAMA. 2016; 315: 2673-2682
- Frailty in elderly people.Lancet. 2013; 381: 752-762
- No evidence that frailty modifies the positive impact of antihypertensive treatment in very elderly people: an investigation of the impact of frailty upon treatment effect in the HYpertension in the Very Elderly Trial (HYVET) study, a double-blind, placebo-controlled study of antihypertensives in people with hypertension aged 80 and over.BMC Med. 2015; 13: 78
- Mortality and cardiovascular events are best predicted by low central/peripheral pulse pressure amplification but not by high blood pressure levels in elderly nursing home subjects.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1503-1511
- Blood pressure and 10-year mortality risk in the Milan Geriatrics 75+ Cohort Study: role of functional and cognitive status.Age Ageing. 2015; 44: 932-937
- Effects of low blood pressure in cognitively impaired elderly patients treated with antihypertensive drugs.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 578-585
See page 592 for disclosure information.