- General cardiovascular risk profile for use in primary care: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 743-753
- Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case-control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 937-952
- Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease with a Mediterranean diet.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1279-1290
- Combined impact of health behaviours and mortality in men and women: the EPIC-Norfolk prospective population study.PLoS Med. 2008; 5: e12
- The combined impact of adherence to five lifestyle factors on all-cause, cancer and cardiovascular mortality: a prospective cohort study among Danish men and women.Br J Nutr. 2015; 113: 849-858
- The combined effects of healthy lifestyle behaviors on all cause mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Prev Med. 2012; 55: 163-170
- Trends in cardiovascular health metrics and associations with all-cause and CVD mortality among US adults.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1273-1283
- Score of adherence to 2016 European cardiovascular prevention guidelines predicts cardiovascular and all-cause mortality in the general population.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 1298-1304
- 2016 European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice: the Sixth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by representatives of 10 societies and by invited experts) developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR).Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2315-2381
- 2016 Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines for the management of dyslipidemia for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in the adult.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 1263-1282
See article by Bérard et al., pages 1298–1304 of this issue.
See page 1222 for disclosure information.