Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Heart and Stroke Foundation. 2016 Report on the Health of Canadians: the Burden of Heart Failure. Available at: https://www.heartandstroke.ca/-/media/pdf-files/canada/2017-heart-month/heartandstroke-reportonhealth-2016.ashx?la=en. Accessed December 13, 2017.
- Acute heart failure syndromes.Circulation. 2005; 112: 3958-3968
- Early deaths in patients with heart failure discharged from the emergency department: a population-based analysis.Circ Heart Fail. 2010; 3: 228-235
- Acute heart failure in the emergency department: short and long-term outcomes of elderly patients with heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2008; 10: 308-314
- The PRISMA Statement for Reporting Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration.PLoS Med. 2009; 6: e1000100
- PRESS Peer Review of Electronic Search Strategies: 2015 guideline statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 75: 40-46
- Early management of patients with acute heart failure: state of the art and future directions–a consensus document from the SAEM/HFSA acute heart failure working group.Acad Emerg Med. 2015; 22: 94-112
- Creation and validation of the acute heart failure risk score: AHFRS.Intern Emerg Med. 2017; 12: 1197-1206
- Validating the acute heart failure index for patients presenting to the emergency department with decompensated heart failure.Emerg Med J. 2012; 29: e5
- Prediction of heart failure mortality in emergent care: a cohort study.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156 (W-261, W-262): 767-775
- Ischemic electrocardiographic abnormalities and prognosis in decompensated heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2014; 7: 986-993
Gil V, Miró Ò, Schull MJ, et al. Emergency Heart Failure Mortality Risk Grade score performance for 7-day mortality prediction in patients with heart failure attended at the emergency department: validation in a Spanish cohort [e-pub ahead of print]. Eur J Emerg Med https://doi.org/10.1097/MEJ.0000000000000422. accessed December 13, 2017.
- Barthel Index-Enhanced Feedback for Effective Cardiac Treatment (BI-EFFECT) study: contribution of the Barthel Index to the Heart Failure Risk Scoring System model in elderly adults with acute heart failure in the emergency department.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 493-498
- A risk scoring system to identify emergency department patients with heart failure at high risk for serious adverse events.Acad Emerg Med. 2013; 20: 17-26
- Prospective and explicit clinical validation of the Ottawa Heart Failure Risk Scale, with and without use of quantitative NT-proBNP.Acad Emerg Med. 2017; 24: 316-327
- A prediction rule to identify low-risk patients with heart failure.Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12: 514-521
- Predicting mortality among pateints hospitalized for heart failure: derivation and validation of a clinical model.JAMA. 2003; 290: 2581-2587
- Clinical prediction rules: a review and suggested modifications of methodological standards.JAMA. 1997; 277: 488-494
- Methodologic standards for the development of clinical decision rules in emergency medicine.Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 33: 437-447
- The Ottawa Heart Failure Risk Scale.(Available at:)Accessed June 21, 2017)
- Risk stratification in acute heart failure.Can J Cardiol. 2014; 30: 312-319
- Emergency department management of heart failure and COPD: a national survey of attitudes and practice.CJEM. 2016; 18: 429-436
See page 178 for disclosure information.