Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- The worldwide epidemiology of Kawasaki disease.Prog Pediatr Cardiol. 2004; 19: 99-108
- Seasonality of Kawasaki disease: a global perspective.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e74529
- Descriptive epidemiology of Kawasaki disease in Japan, 2011-2012: from the results of the 22nd nationwide survey.J Epidemiol. 2015; 25: 239-245
- Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: a scientific statement for health professionals from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2017; 135: e927-e999
- Repeated systematic surveillance of Kawasaki disease in Ontario from 1995 to 2006.Pediatr Int. 2010; 52: 699-706
- Recognition and management of Kawasaki disease.CMAJ. 2000; 162: 807-812
- Rate, associated factors and outcomes of recurrence of Kawasaki disease in Ontario, Canada.Pediatr Int. 2012; 54: 383-387
Statistics Canada. Table 051-0001-Estimates of Population, by Age Group and Sex for July 1, Canada, Provinces and Territories, Annual (Persons Unless Otherwise Noted). CANSIM (database). Available at: http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/cansim/a26?id=510001. Accessed July 29, 2016.
Statistics Canada. Citizenship (9), Immigrant Status and Period of Immigration (12), Age Groups (10) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, 2011 National Household Survey. Catalogue number 99-010-X2011027 (released: 2013-05-08). Available at: http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2011/dp-pd/index-eng.cfm. Accessed July 29, 2016.
Newman A, Lightfoot N, Chin K, Rose V. Kawasaki disease in Ontario, Canada, 1989-1990. In: Takahashi A, Taubert KA, eds. Proceeding of the Fourth Internal Symposium on Kawasaki Disease. Wailea, Hawaii, December 1-4, 1991. American Heart Association, 1993:16-20.
- Kawasaki disease: Canadian update.Can Med Assoc J. 1985; 132: 25-28
- Risk factors for Kawasaki disease-associated coronary abnormalities differ depending on age.Eur J Pediatr. 2009; 168: 1315-1321
- Kawasaki disease at the extremes of the age spectrum.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: e410-e415
- The epidemiology of Kawasaki disease: a global update.Arch Dis Child. 2015; 100: 1084-1088
- Hospitalizations for Kawasaki syndrome among children in the United States, 1997-2007.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010; 29: 483-488
- Epidemiology of Kawasaki disease in Asia, Europe, and the United States.J Epidemiol. 2012; 22: 79-85
- A multicenter study of the coding accuracy of hospital discharge administrative data for patients admitted to cardiac care units in Ontario.Am Heart J. 2002; 144: 290-296
See editorial by Burns, pages 236–237 of this issue.
See page 308 for disclosure information.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Finding Kawasaki DiseaseCanadian Journal of CardiologyVol. 34Issue 3
- PreviewEpidemiologic research on Kawasaki disease (KD) is fraught with many hazards, not the least of which is the lack of a definitive diagnostic test. Thus, epidemiologists must rely on clinicians to recognize the classic features of the illness, gather supporting laboratory data, and eliminate other competing diagnoses as appropriate. This essentially guarantees that there will be over- as well as underdiagnosis of KD. Added to this problem, most countries or regions do not have prospective surveillance programs.