Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services—US Department of Health & Human, 2016. Readmissions Reduction Program (HRRP). Available at: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/medicare-fee-for-service-payment/acuteinpatientpps/readmissions-reduction-program.html. Accessed May 01, 2018.
- Uniform standards do not apply to readmission following coronary artery bypass surgery: a multi-institutional study.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015; 149 (850–7.e1–discussion 857)
- Descriptive analysis of 30-day readmission after inpatient surgery discharge in the Veterans Health Administration.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 1162-1168
- 30-day readmissions after coronary artery bypass graft surgery in New York State.JACC Cardiovasc Interven. 2011; 4: 569-576
- Hospital variation in readmission after coronary artery bypass surgery in California.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2012; 5: 729-737
- Risk analysis for readmission after coronary artery bypass surgery: developing a strategy to reduce readmissions.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 216: 412-419
- Development and validation of a score to predict the risk of readmission after adult cardiac operations.Ann of Thorac Surg. 2017; 103: 66-73
- The Cardiovascular Health in Ambulatory Care Research Team (CANHEART): using big data to measure and improve cardiovascular health and healthcare services.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2015; 8: 204-212
- Comparison of outcomes of balloon-expandable versus self-expandable transcatheter heart valves for severe aortic stenosis.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 1094-1099
- Outcomes of daytime procedures performed by attending surgeons after night work.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 845-853
- Introduction to the analysis of survival data in the presence of competing risks.Circulation. 2016; 133: 601-609
- Developing points-based risk-scoring systems in the presence of competing risks.Stat Med. 2016; 35: 4056-4072
- Development of a clinical registry-based 30-day readmission measure for coronary artery bypass grafting surgery.Circulation. 2014; 130: 399-409
- Improving coronary artery bypass grafting readmission outcomes from 2000 to 2012 in the Medicare population.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 154: 1288-1297
- Predicting readmission risk shortly after admission for CABG surgery.J Card Surg. 2018; 33: 163-170
- Influence of neighborhood household income on early death or urgent hospital readmission.J Hosp Med. 2013; 8: 261-266
- Cardiac surgery nurse practitioner home visits prevent coronary artery bypass graft readmissions.Ann Thorac Surg. 2014; 97 ([discussion: 1493-5]): 1488-1493
- Physician assistant home visit program to reduce hospital readmissions.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 145 (233 [discussion: 232-3]): 225-231
- Preventability and causes of readmissions in a national cohort of general medicine patients.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 484-493
- Analysis of risk factors for patient readmission 30 days following discharge from general surgery.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 855-861
- 30-day readmission rate—a blunt instrument that needs honing.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 861
- Early rehospitalization after prolonged intensive care unit stay post cardiac surgery: outcomes and modifiable risk factors.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e004072
- B-type natriuretic peptide predicts 30-day readmission for heart failure but not readmission for other causes.J Am Heart Assoc. 2014; 3e000806
See editorial by Lazar, pages 1549–1550 of this issue.
See page 1664 for disclosure information.