Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- CHD mortality projections to 2020, comparing different policy scenarios.European Heart Network, Brussels, Belgium2014
- Cardiac rehabilitation for people with heart disease: an overview of Cochrane systematic reviews.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2014; 12: CD011273
- Growing epidemic of coronary heart disease in low- and middle-income countries.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2010; 35: 72-115
- The worldwide environment of cardiovascular disease: prevalence, diagnosis, therapy, and policy issues: a report from the American College of Cardiology.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: S1-49
- BACPR scientific statement: British standards and core components for cardiovascular disease prevention and rehabilitation.Heart. 2013; 99: 1069-1071
- Core components of cardiac rehabilitation/secondary prevention programs: 2007 update: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Exercise, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Prevention Committee, the Council on Clinical Cardiology; the Councils on Cardiovascular Nursing, Epidemiology and Prevention, and Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism; and the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.Circulation. 2007; 115: 2675-2682
- The contribution of individual exercise training components to clinical outcomes in randomised controlled trials of cardiac rehabilitation: a systematic review and meta-regression.Sports Med Open. 2017; 3: 19
- Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation for coronary heart disease cochrane systematic review and meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1-12
- Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation for coronary heart disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; 7: CD001800
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.(Available at:)Accessed September 30, 2017)
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.PLoS Med. 2009; 6 (e1000097)
- Estimating effect sizes from pretest-posttest-control group designs.Organ Res Methods. 2008; 11: 364-386
- Measuring health related quality of life in coronary heart disease: the importance of feeling well.Int J Cardiol. 2011; 149: 4-9
- The Cochrane Collaboration’s tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d5928
- Combining scores from different patient reported outcome measures in meta-analyses: when is it justified?.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2006; 4: 94
- Pooling health-related quality of life outcomes in meta-analysis-a tutorial and review of methods for enhancing interpretability.Res Synth Methods. 2011; 2: 188-203
- Patient-reported outcomes in meta-analyses--part 1: assessing risk of bias and combining outcomes.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2013; 11: 109
HealthMeasures. List of Adult Measures. Available at: http://www.healthmeasures.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=113&Itemid=808. Accessed December 5, 2017.
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.2nd Ed. Lawrence Erlbaum, New Jersey1988
- R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2018
- Conducting meta-analyses in R with the metafor package.J Stat Soft. 2010; 36: 1-48
- Uncertainty in heterogeneity estimates in meta-analyses.BMJ. 2007; 335: 914-916
- Identifying and Quantifying Heterogeneity. Introduction to Meta-Analysis.John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK2009: 107-125
- Operating characteristics of a rank correlation test for publication bias.Biometrics. 1994; 50: 1088-1101
- Comparative responsiveness of generic and specific quality-of-life instruments.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 52-60
- Meta-Regression. Introduction to Meta-Analysis.John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK2009: 187-203
- Cardiac rehabilitation and quality of life: a systematic review.Int J Nurs Stud. 2012; 49: 755-771
- Behavioural intervention to increase physical activity in adults with coronary heart disease in Jordan.BMC Public Health. 2016; 16: 643
- Cardiac rehabilitation using the Family-Centered Empowerment Model versus home-based cardiac rehabilitation in patients with myocardial infarction: a randomised controlled trial.Open Heart. 2016; 3 (e000349)
- The effectiveness of modern cardiac rehabilitation: a systematic review of recent observational studies in non-attenders versus attenders.PLoS One. 2017; 12 (e0177658)
- Patient education in the management of coronary heart disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 6: CD008895
- Psychological interventions for coronary heart disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 4: CD002902
- Association between physical activity and quality of life in the elderly: a systematic review, 2000-2012.Braz J Psychiatr. 2014; 36: 76-88
- Differential exercise effects on quality of life and health-related quality of life in older adults: a randomized controlled trial.Qual Life Res. 2015; 24: 455-462
See editorial by Goodman and Marzolini, pages 235–237 of this issue.
See page 363 for disclosure information.