Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cardiovascular risk and events in 17 low-, middle-, and high-income countries.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 818-827
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease in high-risk individuals in low-income and middle-income countries: health effects and costs.Lancet. 2007; 370: 2054-2062
- Treatment with drugs to lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol based on an individual’s absolute cardiovascular risk.Lancet. 2005; 365: 434-441
- A trial-based approach to statin guidelines.JAMA. 2013; 310: 1123-1124
- Health literacy as a public health goal: a challenge for contemporary health education and communication strategies into the 21st century.Health Promot Int. 2000; 15: 259-267
- General cardiovascular risk profile for use in primary care: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 743-753
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the treatment of blood cholesterol to reduce atherosclerotic cardiovascular risk in adults.Circulation. 2014; 129: S1-S45
- 2012 Update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of dyslipidemia for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in the adult.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 151-167
- New analysis fuels debate on merits of prescribing statins to low risk people.BMJ. 2014; 348: g2370
- Clinical validity, understandability, and actionability of online cardiovascular disease risk calculators: systematic review.J Med Internet Res. 2018; 20: e29
- Cholesterol lowering in intermediate-risk persons without cardiovascular disease.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 2021-2031
- Blood-pressure lowering in intermediate-risk persons without cardiovascular disease.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 2009-2020
- Interpretation of the evidence for the efficacy and safety of statin therapy.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2532-2561
- Adverse events associated with unblinded, but not with blinded, statin therapy in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Lipid-Lowering Arm (ASCOT-LLA): a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial and its non-randomised non-blind extension phase.Lancet. 2017; 389: 2473-2481
- Evaluating the impact and cost-effectiveness of statin use guidelines for primary prevention of coronary heart disease and stroke.Circulation. 2017; 136: 1087-1098
- The effects of lowering LDL cholesterol with statin therapy in people at low risk of vascular disease: meta-analysis of individual data from 27 randomised trials.Lancet. 2012; 380: 581-590
- Comparison of application of the ACC/AHA guidelines, Adult Treatment Panel III guidelines, and European Society of Cardiology guidelines for cardiovascular disease prevention in a European cohort.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1416-1423
- Cardiovascular risk assessment in low-resource settings: a consensus document of the European Society of Hypertension Working Group on Hypertension and Cardiovascular Risk in Low Resource Settings.J Hypertens. 2014; 32: 951-960
- Statin initiations and QRISK2 scoring in UK general practice: a THIN database study.Br J Gen Pract. 2017; 67: e881-e887
- The efficiency of cardiovascular risk assessment: do the right patients get statin treatment?.Heart. 2013; 99: 1597-1602
- Are cardiovascular disease risk assessment and management programmes cost effective? A systematic review of the evidence.Prev Med. 2017; 99: 49-57
- Primary prevention with statins: ACC/AHA risk-based approach versus trial-based approaches to guide statin therapy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 2699-2709
- Comparison of ACC/AHA and ESC guideline recommendations following trial evidence for statin use in primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: results from the population-based Rotterdam Study.JAMA Cardiol. 2016; 1: 708-713
- Lipid modification and cardiovascular risk assessment for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: summary of updated NICE guidance.BMJ. 2014; 349: g4356
- 2016 Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines for the management of dyslipidemia for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in the adult.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 1263-1282
- Cost-effectiveness of statin therapy for primary prevention in a low-cost statin era.Circulation. 2011; 124: 146-153
See editorial by Fitchett, pages 550–551 of this issue.
See page 651 for disclosure information.