Congestive Encephalopathy: New Horizons in Postcardiotomy Delirium
Portal Vein Flow Pulsatility: A Potential Marker of Cerebral Dysfunction?
Why Should Portal Pulsatility Even Matter?
- The accuracy of transcranial Doppler in excluding intracranial hypertension following acute brain injury: a multicenter prospective pilot study.Crit Care. 2017; 21: 44
- Portal hypertension is associated with congestive encephalopathy and delirium after cardiac surgery.Can J Cardiol. 2019; 35: 1134-1141
- Outcomes associated with postoperative delirium after cardiac surgery.Am J Crit Care. 2015; 24: 156-163
- Delirium after cardiac surgery and cumulative fluid balance: a case-control cohort study.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2019; 33: 93-101
- High postoperative portal venous flow pulsatility indicates right ventricular dysfunction and predicts complications in cardiac surgery patients.Br J Anaesth. 2019; 122: 206-214
- The association between pulsatile portal flow and acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery: a retrospective cohort study.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2018; 32: 1780-1787
- Alterations in portal vein flow and intrarenal venous flow are associated with acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery: a prospective observational cohort study.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e009961
- Doppler US of the liver made simple.Radiographics. 2011; 31: 161-188
- Ultrasonography of optic nerve sheath diameter for detection of raised intracranial pressure: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Intensive Care Med. 2011; 37: 1059-1068
- A comparison of non-invasive versus invasive measures of intracranial pressure in hypoxic ischaemic brain injury after cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2019; 137: 221-228
- Clinical significance of portal hypertension diagnosed with bedside ultrasound after cardiac surgery.Anesth Analg. 2017; 124: 1109-1115
See article by Benkreira et al., pages 1134–1141 of this issue.
See page 1090 for disclosure information.