- Sarnak M.J.
- Levey A.S.
- Schoolwerth A.C.
- et al.
The Intertwined Nature of CKD and Cardiovascular Disease
Complexities With Cardiovascular Disease Prognostication in CKD
Cardiac Biomarkers for Cardiovascular Disease Prognostication in CKD: How to Interpret?
The Future of Cardiac Biomarkers in the CKD Population
- Kidney disease as a risk factor for development of cardiovascular disease: a statement from the American Heart Association Councils on Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease, High Blood Pressure Research, Clinical Cardiology, and Epidemiology and Prevention.Circulation. 2003; 108: 2154-2169
- Chronic kidney disease and the risks of death, cardiovascular events, and hospitalization.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1296-1305
- Association of kidney function and hemoglobin with left ventricular morphology among African Americans: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2004; 43: 836-845
- A current understanding of vascular calcification in CKD.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014; 307: F891-F900
- Association of fluid overload with cardiovascular morbidity and all-cause mortality in stages 4 and 5 CKD.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015; 10: 39-46
- Association of troponin T detected with a highly sensitive assay and cardiac structure and mortality risk in the general population.JAMA. 2010; 304: 2503-2512
- N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide is an independent predictor of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in the general population.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 120-127
- Cardiac troponin T measured by a highly sensitive assay predicts coronary heart disease, heart failure, and mortality in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.Circulation. 2011; 123: 1367-1376
- Plasma natriuretic peptide levels and the risk of cardiovascular events and death.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 655-663
- Predictors of high sensitivity cardiac troponin T in chronic kidney disease patients: a cross-sectional study in the chronic renal insufficiency cohort (CRIC).BMC Nephrol. 2013; 14: 229
- Kidney function crucially affects B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP), N-terminal proBNP and their relationship.Eur J Clin Invest. 2014; 44: 303-308
- B-type natriuretic peptide in cardiovascular disease.Lancet. 2003; 362: 316-322
- Relationship between renal function and serum cardiac troponin T in patients with chronic heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2009; 11: 653-658
- Correlation of antemortem serum creatine kinase, creatine kinase-MB, troponin I, and troponin T with cardiac pathology.Clin Chem. 2000; 46: 338-344
- N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide for predicting coronary disease and left ventricular hypertrophy in asymptomatic CKD not requiring dialysis.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 46: 35-44
- Glomerular filtration rate-specific cutoffs can refine the prognostic value of circulating cardiac biomarkers in advanced chronic kidney disease.Can J Cardiol. 2019; 35: 1106-1113
- Cohort profile: Canadian study of prediction of death, dialysis and interim cardiovascular events (CanPREDDICT).BMC Nephrol. 2013; 14: 121
- NT-proBNP testing for diagnosis and short-term prognosis in acute destabilized heart failure: an international pooled analysis of 1256 patients: the International Collaborative of NT-proBNP Study.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 330-337
- High-sensitivity cardiac troponin risk cutoffs for acute cardiac outcomes at emergency department presentation.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 898-903
- High-sensitivity troponin T and N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) and risk of incident heart failure in patients with CKD: the Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort (CRIC) Study.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015; 26: 946-956
See article by Canney et al., pages 1106–1113 of this issue.
See page 1083 for disclosure information.