Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Report on the health of Canadians. The burden of heart failure.(Available at:)http://www.heartandstroke.ca/-/media/pdf-files/canada/2017-heart-month/heartandstroke-reportonhealth-2016.ashx?la=enDate: 2016Date accessed: August 30, 2017
- Heart failure: preventing disease and death worldwide.ESC Heart Fail. 2014; 1: 4-25
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2016 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2016; 133: e38-e360
- Who has advanced heart failure? Definition and epidemiology.Congest Heart Fail. 2011; 17: 160-168
- Risk prediction models for mortality in ambulatory patients with heart failure: a systematic review.Circ Heart Fail. 2013; 6: 881-889
- Predictors of mortality and morbidity in patients with chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 65-75
- The Seattle heart failure model. Prediction of survival in heart failure.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1424-1433
- Predicting survival in heart failure: a risk score based on 39 372 patients from 30 studies.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 1404-1413
- Predicting survival in heart failure patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: the Heart Failure Meta-score.J Card Fail. 2018; 24: 735-745
- 2017 Comprehensive update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the management of heart failure.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 1342-1433
- Women, men and heart failure: a review.Heart Fail Monit. 2008; 6: 34-40
- Investigators of the Acute Decompensated Heart Failure Syndromes (ATTEND) Registry. Sex differences in left ventricular cavity dilation and outcomes in acute heart failure patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction.Can J Cardiol. 2018; 34: 477-484
- Heart failure in women.Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J. 2017; 13: 216-223
- Evaluation of the performance of survival analysis models: discrimination and calibration measures.in: Balakrishnan N. Rao C.R. Handbook of Statistics. Vol 23: Advances in Survival Analysis. Elsevier, 2004: 1-25
- Discrimination and calibration of clinical prediction models. User’s guides to the medical literature.JAMA. 2017; 318: 1377-1384
- Sex differences in in-hospital mortality in acute decompensated heart failure with reduced and preserved ejection fraction.Am Heart J. 2012; 163: 430-437
- Risk prediction in patients with heart failure. A systematic review and analysis.JACC Heart Fail. 2014; 2: 440-446
- Heart failure with reduced ejection fraction in women. Epidemiology, outcomes, and treatment.Heart Failure Clin. 2019; 15: 19-27
- Sex differences in clinical characteristics and long-term outcome in acute decompensated heat failure patients with preserved and reduced ejection fraction.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016; 310: H813-H820
- The impact of gender difference on clinical and echocardiographic outcomes in patients with heart failure after cardiac resynchronization therapy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0176248
- Gender differences in cardiac resynchronization therapy device choice and outcome in patients ≥ 75 years of age with heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 120: 2201-2206
- Inequity in cardiovascular care in the English National Health Service (NHS): a scoping review of the literature.Health Soc Care Community. 2018; 26: 259-272
- Gender differences in continuous-flow left ventricular assist device therapy as a bridge to transplantation: a risk-adjusted comparison using a propensity score-matching analysis.Artif Organs. 2015; 39: 212-219
- Missing covariate data in medical research: to impute is better than to ignore.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 721-727
See editorial by Diamant and Toma, pages 11–12 of this issue.
See page 53 for disclosure information.