Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart Disease.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htmDate accessed: February 5, 2018
CorHealth Ontario. Report on Adult Cardiac Surgery: Isolated Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery, Isolated Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR) Surgery and Combined CABG and AVR Surgery. October 2011–March 2016; 2018.
- Cost of cardiac surgery in frail compared with nonfrail older adults.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 1020-1026
- Understanding variability in hospital-specific costs of coronary artery bypass grafting represents an opportunity for standardizing care and improving resource use.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 147: 109-115
- Costs for surgical aortic valve replacement according to preoperative risk categories.Ann Thorac Surg. 2013; 96: 500-506
- Frailty assessment in the cardiovascular care of older adults.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 747-762
- Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol Series A: Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M157
- Preoperative frailty assessment and outcomes at 6 months or later in older adults undergoing cardiac surgical procedures.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 165: 650-660
- Frail patients are at increased risk for mortality and prolonged institutional care after cardiac surgery.Circulation. 2010; 121: 973-978
- Association of a frailty screening initiative with postoperative survival at 30, 180, and 365 days.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 233-240
- Determinants of variations in coronary revascularization practices.CMAJ. 2012; 184: 179-186
- Consolidated health economic evaluation reporting standards (CHEERS) statement.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2013; 29: 117-122
- Guidelines for the Economic Evaluation of Health Technologies: Canada.4th ed. CADTH, Ottawa, Canada2017
- Association of frailty and long-term survival in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e009882
- Development and initial validation of the Risk Analysis Index for measuring frailty in surgical populations.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 175-182
- Comparative effectiveness of revascularization strategies.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1467-1476
- Schedule of Benefits, Physician Services Under the Health Insurance Act.(Available at:)http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/ohip/sob/physserv/sob_master20160401pdfDate accessed: November 10, 2017
- Medical therapy v. PCI in stable coronary artery disease: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Med Decis Mak. 2013; 33: 891-905
- Clinical outcomes and cost implications of routine early PCI after fibrinolysis: one-year follow-up of the Trial of Routine Angioplasty and Stenting after Fibrinolysis to Enhance Reperfusion in Acute Myocardial Infarction (TRANSFER-AMI) study.Am Heart J. 2013; 165: 630-637
- Five-year outcomes after off-pump or on-pump coronary-artery bypass grafting.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 2359-2368
- Cost-effectiveness of percutaneous coronary intervention in optimally treated stable coronary patients.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2008; 1: 12-20
- Utility and quality-adjusted life-years in coronary artery disease: five-year follow-up of the MASS II trial.Medicine. 2017; 96
- Canadian Community Health Survey (2014).(Available at:)http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3Instr.pl?Function=assembleInstr&Item_Id=214314#qb215713Date accessed: November 10, 2017
Purchasing Power Parities. Available at: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/180424/cg-b001-eng.htm. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- The confidence profile method: a Bayesian method for assessing health technologies.Oper Res. 1989; 37: 210-228
- Viewpoint: a rational framework for decision making by the National Institute For Clinical Excellence (NICE).Lancet. 2002; 360: 711-715
- Comprehensive assessment of frailty for elderly high-risk patients undergoing cardiac surgery.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2011; 39: 33-37
- The cost of frailty in cardiac surgery.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 959-960
- Gait speed as an incremental predictor of mortality and major morbidity in elderly patients undergoing cardiac surgery.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 56: 1668-1676
- Assessment and utility of frailty measures in critical illness, cardiology, and cardiac surgery.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 1157-1165
- Frailty measurement in research and clinical practice: a review.Eur J Intern Med. 2016; 31: 3-10
- Health Care in Canada, 2012: A Focus on Wait Times.CIHI, Ottawa, Ontario2012
- A prehabilitation program for physically frail community-living older persons.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003; 84: 394-404
- Nutritional, physical, cognitive, and combination interventions and frailty reversal among older adults: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Med. 2015; 128: 1225-1236
- Reduced employment in caregivers of frail elders: impact of ethnicity, patient clinical characteristics, and caregiver characteristics.J Gerontol: Series A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M707-M713
See page 9 for disclosure information.