Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Aspirin in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1494-1503
- Estimate of the global volume of surgery in 2012: an assessment supporting improved health outcomes.Lancet. 2015; 385: S11
- Perioperative cardiac events in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery: a review of the magnitude of the problem, the pathophysiology of the events and methods to estimate and communicate risk.CMAJ. 2005; 173: 627-634
- Perioperative acute myocardial infarction associated with non-cardiac surgery.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 2409-2417
Canadian Institute of Health Information. Inpatient Hospitalization, Surgery, Newborn, Alternate Level of Care and Childbirth Statistics, 2017–2018. Available at: https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/dad-hmdb-childbirth-quick-stats-2017-2018-snapshot-en-web.pdf. Accessed on September 29, 2020.
- Derivation and prospective validation of a simple index for prediction of cardiac risk of major noncardiac surgery.Circulation. 1999; 100: 1043-1049
- Early diagnosis of myocardial infarction with sensitive cardiac troponin assays.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 858-867
- Efficacy of high-sensitivity troponin T in identifying very-low-risk patients with possible acute coronary syndrome.JAMA Cardiol. 2018; 3: 104-111
- Direct comparison of B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and amino-terminal proBNP in a large population of patients with chronic and symptomatic heart failure: the Valsartan Heart Failure (Val-HeFT) data.Clin Chem. 2006; 52: 1528-1538
- Prognostic value of B-type natriuretic peptides in patients with stable coronary artery disease: the PEACE trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 50: 205-214
- Characteristics and short-term prognosis of perioperative myocardial infarction in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery: a cohort study.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 154: 523-528
- Association between postoperative troponin levels and 30-day mortality among patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.JAMA. 2012; 307: 2295-2304
- Perioperative myocardial injury after noncardiac surgery: incidence, mortality, and characterization.Circulation. 2018; 137: 1221-1232
- Fourth universal definition of myocardial infarction (2018).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 2231-2264
- Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2020-2035
- The predictive ability of pre-operative B-type natriuretic peptide in vascular patients for major adverse cardiac events: an individual patient data meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 522-529
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines on perioperative cardiac risk assessment and management for patients who undergo noncardiac surgery.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 17-32
- 2014 ESC/ESA guidelines on non-cardiac surgery: cardiovascular assessment and management: the Joint Task Force on non-cardiac surgery: cardiovascular assessment and management of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA).Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 2383-2431
- 2014 ACC/AHA guideline on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and management of patients undergoing noncardiac surgery: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: e77-137
- Which risk score best predicts perioperative outcomes in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation patients undergoing noncardiac surgery?.Am Heart J. 2014; 168 (60-7.e65)
- Validation of a combined comorbidity index.J Clin Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 1245-1251
- What’s the evidence that NICE guidance has been implemented? Results from a national evaluation using time series analysis, audit of patients’ notes, and interviews.BMJ. 2004; 329: 999
- Patterns of ‘leakage’ in the utilisation of clinical guidelines: a systematic review.Postgrad Med J. 2011; 87: 670-679
- The awareness-to-adherence model of the steps to clinical guideline compliance. The case of pediatric vaccine recommendations.Med Care. 1996; 34: 873-879
- Cardiovascular risk factors and perioperative myocardial infarction, after non-cardiac surgery [e-pub ahead of print]. Can J Cardiol.
- The long-term impact of early cardiovascular therapy intensification for postoperative troponin elevation after major vascular surgery.Anesth Analg. 2014; 119: 1053-1063
- The pharmacoeconomics of routine postoperative troponin surveillance to prevent and treat myocardial infarction after non-cardiac surgery.S Afr Med J. 2014; 104: 619-623
- Effects of extended-release metoprolol succinate in patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery (POISE trial): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2008; 371: 1839-1847
- Dabigatran in patients with myocardial injury after non-cardiac surgery (MANAGE): an international, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2018; 391: 2325-2334
- Relationship between early physician follow-up and 30-day readmission among Medicare beneficiaries hospitalized for heart failure.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1716-1722
- A surgical safety checklist to reduce morbidity and mortality in a global population.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 491-499
- Increasing compliance with the World Health Organization Surgical Safety Checklist—a regional health system’s experience.Am J Surg. 2017; 214: 7-13
- Effects of perioperative statins on patient outcomes after noncardiac surgery: a meta-analysis.Ann Med. 2018; 50: 402-409
- Preoperative N-terminal pro–B-type natriuretic peptide and cardiovascular events after noncardiac surgery.Ann Intern Med. 2019; 172: 96-104
See editorial by Parlow and McMullen, pages 11–13 of this issue.
See page 64 for disclosure information.