Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Artificial intelligence in cardiology: present and future.Mayo Clin Proc. 2020; 95: 1015-1039
- Economic policy for artificial intelligence.Innovation Policy and the Economy. 2019; 19: 139-159
- Optimisation of water demand forecasting by artificial intelligence with short data sets.Biosystems Engineering. 2019; 177: 59-66
- Safety analysis of traffic flow characteristics of highway tunnel based on artificial intelligence flow net algorithm.Cluster Computing. 2019; 22: 573-582
- Artificial intelligence, technology, and the law.University of Toronto Law Journal. 2018; 68: 1-11
- AI outperforms radiologists in mammographic screening.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2020; 17: 134
- Applications of artificial intelligence in cardiovascular imaging.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2021; 18: 600-609
- Artificial intelligence in cardiovascular imaging: state of the art and implications for the imaging cardiologist.Neth Heart J. 2019; 27: 403-413
- The role of cardiac imaging in clinical practice.Aust Prescr. 2017; 40: 151-155
- Machine learning approaches in cardiovascular imaging.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017; 10: 1-9
- Artificial intelligence in cardiology.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 71: 2668-2679
- Imagining the thinking machine: technological myths and the rise of artificial intelligence.Convergence. 2020; 26: 3-18
- Machine learning: trends, perspectives, and prospects.Science. 2015; 349: 255-260
- Machine learning in medicine: a practical introduction.BMJ Med Res Methodol. 2019; 19: 1-18
- Putting machine learning into motion: applications in cardiovascular imaging.Clin Radiol. 2020; 75: 33-37
- Artificial intelligence in cardiovascular imaging.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 1317-1335
- Deep learning.Nature. 2015; 521: 436-444
- Artificial intelligence in health care: applications and legal issues.SciTech Lawyer. 2017; 14: 10-13
- Artificial intelligence as a medical device in radiology: ethical and regulatory issues in Europe and the United States.Insights Imaging. 2018; 9: 745-753
Preece A, Harborne D, Braines D, Tomsett R, Chakraborty S. Stakeholders in explainable AI [abstract]. Presented at: AAAI FSS-18: Artificial Intelligence in Government and Public Sector. October 18-20, 2018; Arlington, VA.
- Interpretable machine learning: a brief history, state-of-the-art and challenges.in: Koprinska I. Kamp M. Appice A. Workshops of the European Conference on Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases. Springer, Cham2020: 417-431
- Explainable AI and multi-modal causability in medicine.i-com. 2020; 19: 171-179
- Black Box Medicine and Transparency: Interpretable Machine Learning.PHG Foundation, London2020
- Machine learning for medical imaging.RadioGraphics. 2017; 37: 505-515
- Causability and explainability of artificial intelligence in medicine.WIREs Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery. 2019; 9: 1-13
- GLocalX - from local to global explanations of black box AI models.Artificial Intelligence. 2021; 294: 10357
- Asking ‘Why’ in AI: explainability of intelligent systems: perspectives and challenges.Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance, and Management. 2018; 25: 63-72
- The mythos of model interpretability: in machine learning, the concept of interpretability is both important and slippery.Queue. 2018; 16: 31-57
- Explaining explanations in AI. FAT∗ ’19: Proceedings of the Conference on Fairness, Accountability, and Transparency, January 29-31, 2019, Atlanta, Georgia.Association for Computing Machinery, New York2019: 279-288
- Black Box Medicine and Transparency: Technical Summary.PHG Foundation, London2020
- Explainable artificial intelligence: concepts, applications, research challenges and visions.in: Holzinger A. Kieseberg P. Tjoa A. Weippl E. Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction. Springer, Cham2020: 1-16
Shin M, Kim J, Kim M. Measuring human adaptation to AI in decision making: application to evaluate changes after AlphaGo. arXiv:2012.15035v3.
- What else can fool deep learning? Addressing color constancy errors on deep neural network performance.2019 IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV);. 2019; (https://doi.org/10.1109/iccv.2019.00033): 243-252
- Explaining deep neural networks and beyond: a review of methods and applications.Proceedings of the IEEE. 2021; 109: 247-278
Yang G, Ye Q, Xia J. Unbox the black-box for the medical explainable AI via multi-modal and multi-centre data fusion. arXiv:2102.01998.
- Explainable AI in healthcare. 2nd International Conference on Advances in Science and Technology (ICAST-2019).University of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India2019
- A governance model for the application of AI in health care.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2020; 27: 491-497
- Explainability for artificial intelligence in healthcare: a multidisciplinary perspective.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2020; 20: 310
Reimer U, Maier E, Tödtl B. Going beyond explainability in medical AI systems. In: Joint Proceedings of Modellierung 2020 Short, Workshop and Tools and Demo Papers, Workshop on Models in AI. February 19-21, 2020; Vienna, Austria. CEUR Workshop Proceedings (CEUR-WS.org);2542:185-191.
- AI in medicine must be explainable.Nat Med. 2021; 27: 1328
- What clinicians want: contextualizing explainable machine learning for clinical end use.Proceedings of Machine Learning Research. 2019; : 1-21
- Definitions, methods, and applications in interpretable machine learning.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019; 116: 22071-22080
- AI and patents and trade secrets.in: Martin-Bariteau F. Scassa T. Artificial Intelligence and the Law in Canada. LexisNexis Canada, Toronto2021
- Can we open the black box of AI?.Nature. 2016; 538: 21-23
- Medical Devices Regulations (SOR/98-282).(Available at:)Accessed August 25, 2021)
- Regulating black-box medicine.Michigan Law Review. 2017; 116: 421
- AI diagnostics need attention.Nature. 2018; 555: 285
- Guidance Document: Software as a Medical Device (SaMD): Definition and Classification.(Available at:)https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/medical-devices/application-information/guidance-documents/software-medical-device-guidance-document.html(Accessed August 25, 2021)
Health Canada. Medical devices active licences search: AI-Rad Companion (Cardiovascular). [Licence No: 105724. Device identifier: 11270066.] Available at: https://health-products.canada.ca/mdall-limh/prepareSearch-preparerRecherche.do?type=active. Accessed August 25, 2021.
- Addressing bias in artificial intelligence in health care.JAMA. 2019; 322: 2377-2378
- Artificial intelligence and black-box medical decisions: accuracy versus explainability.Hastings Cent Rep. 2019; 1: 15-21
- Liability issues for the use of artificial intelligence in health care in Canada: AI and medical decision-making.Dalhousie Medical Journal. 2020; 46: 7-11
- Éléments de la responsabilité civile médicale [Elements of medical civil responsibility].4th ed. Éditions Y. Blais, Cowansville2016
Ter Neuzen v Korn, 3 SCR 674, 127 DLR (4th) 577 (1995).
Brough v Yipp, A.J. No. 1077, 2016 ABQB 559, para 121 (2016).
- Task Force Report on Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Digital Technologies.Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Ottawa2020
- When AIs outperform doctors: confronting the challenges of a tort-induced over-reliance on machine learning.Arizona Law Review. 2019; 61: 33-99
- Montreal Declaration for a Responsible Development of AI. Université de Montréal, Montreal2018
- Uncertain Causation in Medical Liability.Bloomsbury Publishing, London2006: 13-16
- Is Watson for Oncology per se unreasonably dangerous? Making a case for how to prove products liability based on a flawed artificial intelligence design.Am J Law Med. 2019; 45: 273-294
Imperial Tobacco Canada ltée c. Conseil québécois sur le tabac et la santé [Imperial Tobacco Canada Ltd. v. Quebec Council on Tobacco and Health], 2019 QCCA 358 pare 222-42.
- Stop explaining black box machine learning models for high stakes decisions and use interpretable models instead.Nature Machine Intelligence. 2019; 1: 206-215
- DARPA’s explainable artificial intelligence program.Deep Learning and Security. 2019; 40: 44-58
- Explainable artificial intelligence (XAI): concepts, taxonomies, opportunities, and challenges toward responsible AI.Information Fusion. 2020; 58: 82-115
EC, Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), OJ, L 119/1, arts 15 and 22 (2016).
Bill 64. An Act to modernize legislative provisions as regards the protection of personal information. 1st Sess, 42nd Leg, Quebec, 2020, art 65.2.
- A Regulatory Framework for AI: Recommendations for PIPEDA Reform.Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, Ottawa2020
- A misdirected principle with a catch: explicability for AI.Minds and Machines. 2019; 29: 495-514
See page 232 for disclosure information.