Haemoglobin concentrations for the diagnosis of anaemia and assessment of severity. 2011.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Haemoglobin concentrations for the diagnosis of anaemia and assessment of severity. 2011.(Available at:)http://www.who.int/vmnis/indicators/haemoglobin.pdfDate: 2011Date accessed: January 31, 2022
- Prevalence of anemia in persons 65 years and older in the United States: evidence for a high rate of unexplained anemia.Blood. 2004; : 2263-2268
- Anemia is associated with worse symptoms, greater impairment in functional capacity and a significant increase in mortality in paitents with advanced heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39: 1780-1786
- Anemia as independent predictor of major events in elderly patients with chronic angina.Am Heart J. 2006; 152: 991-996
- Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M157
- Accumulation of deficits as a proxy measure of aging.Sci World. 2001; 1: 323-336
- Redefining chronic inflammation in aging and age-related diseases: proposal of the senoinflammation concept.Aging Dis. 2019; 10: 367-382
- Diminished quality of life and physical function in community-dwelling elderly with anemia.Medicine. 2009; 88: 107-114
- Anemia is associated with disability and decreased physical performance and muscle strength in the elderly.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 719-724
- Hemoglobin levels and skeletal muscle: results from the InCHIANTI study.J Gerontol Med Sci. 2004; 59A: 249-254
- The relationship between anemia and frailty: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.J Nutr Health Aging. 2018; 22: 965-974
- Impact of cardiovascular disease on frailty status of community dwelling older women: the Women’s Health and Aging Studies I and II.J Gerontol. 2005; 60A: 729-735
- Frailty in older adults undergoing aortic valve replacement: the FRAILTY-AVR study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 689-700
- Hemoglobin concentration; a pathway to frailty.BMC Geriatr. 2020; 20: 202-212
- Hemoglobin, frailty, and long-term cardiovascular events in community-dwelling older men aged ≥ 70 years.Can J Cardiol. 2022; 38: 745-753
- Cohort profile: the Concord Health and Ageing in Men Project (CHAMP).Int J Epidemiol. 2008; 38: 374-378
- What constitutes normal hemoglobin concentrations in community-dwelling older adults?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: 1233-1241
- Sex differences in cardiovascular outcomes of older adults after myocardial infarction.J Am Heart Assoc. 2021; 10e022883
- Sex difference in frailty: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Exp Gerontol. 2017; 89: 30-40
- Frailty status among the elderly of different genders and the death risk: a follow-up study.Front Med. 2021; 8: 715659
See article by Gnanenthiran et al., pages 745–753 of this issue.
See page 717 for disclosure information.