- Vervoort D.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Moving the needle: a guide to solving the global cardiac surgery puzzle for surgeons, societies, students, and researchers.Published online February. 2020; 20https://doi.org/10.25373/CTSNET.11872425
- Geographical disparities in access to hospital care in Ontario, Canada: a spatial coverage modelling approach.BMJ Open. 2021; 11e041474
- From far and wide: geographic distance to pediatric surgical care across Canada.J Pediatr Surg. 2020; 55: 908-912
- Population density (people per sq km of land area).(Published 2022. Available at:)
- Increased distance from the tertiary cardiac center is associated with worse 30-day outcomes after cardiac operations.Ann Thorac Surg. 2015; 100: 2213-2218
- Where you live in Nova Scotia can significantly impact your access to lifesaving cardiac care: access to invasive care influences survival.Can J Cardiol. 2018; 34: 202-208
- The effect of place of residence on access to invasive cardiac services following acute myocardial infarction.Can J Cardiol. 2009; 25: 207-212
- Increased travel time to the tertiary centre is associated with decreased long-term survival following ascending aortic operations.Can J Cardiol. 2022; 38: 801-807
- National outcomes in acute aortic dissection: influence of surgeon and institutional volume on operative mortality.Ann Thorac Surg. 2013; 95: 1563-1569
- Interfacility transfer of Medicare beneficiaries with acute type A aortic dissection and regionalization of care in the United States.Circulation. 2019; 140: 1239-1250
- The International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD): new insights into an old disease.JAMA. 2000; 283: 897-903
- Correlates of delayed recognition and treatment of acute type A aortic dissection: the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD).Circulation. 2011; 124: 1911-1918
- Comparison of characteristics and outcomes for type A aortic dissection surgery by Māori, Pasifika or other ethnicities.N Z Med J. 2020; 133: 33-40
- Differential presentation in acuity and outcomes based on socioeconomic status in patients who undergo thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; 163 (1990-1998.e1)
- Sex-related differences in patients undergoing thoracic aortic surgery.Circulation. 2019; 139: 1177-1184
- Sex differences in thoracic aortic disease: a review of the literature and a call to action.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 160: 656-660
- Susceptibility to acute thoracic aortic dissections in patients dying outside the hospital: an autopsy study.Am Heart J. 2011; 162: 474-479
- Open versus endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms: a Nationwide Inpatient Sample study.Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2014; 48: 383-387
- Surveillance imaging following acute type a aortic dissection.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 78: 1863-1871
- Readmissions after complex aneurysm repair are frequent, costly, and primarily at nonindex hospitals.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 60: 1429-1437
- Racial disparities associated with reinterventions after elective endovascular aortic aneurysm repair.J Surg Res. 2021; 268: 381-388
- Historical and continued colonial impacts on heart health of Indigenous Peoples in Canada: what’s reconciliation got to do with it?.CJC Open. 2021; 3: S149-S164
- Socioeconomic and geographic disparities in access to endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.Ann Vasc Surg. 2013; 27: 1061-1067
- Incidence, secular trends, and outcomes of cardiac surgery in Aboriginal peoples.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 1629-1636
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society Access to Care Working Group on Cardiac Rehabilitation. Universal access: but when? Treating the right patient at the right time: access to cardiac rehabilitation.Can J Cardiol. 2006; 22: 905-911
- Universal access: but when? Treating the right patient at the right time: access to electrophysiology services in Canada.Can J Cardiol. 2006; 22: 741-746
- Treating the right patient at the right time: access to echocardiography in Canada.Can J Cardiol. 2006; 22: 1029-1033
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society Access to Care Working Group. Treating the right patient at the right time: access to cardiac catheterization, percutaneous coronary intervention and cardiac surgery.Can J Cardiol. 2006; 22: 679-683
- Ontario Investing $5.2 million to bring cardiovascular surgery services to Northwestern Ontario.(Published 2021. Available at:)https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1000761/ontario-investing-52-million-to-bring-cardiovascular-surgery-services-to-northwestern-ontarioDate accessed: February 13, 2022
- Cardiovascular surgery project: two sites, one program.(Published 2022. Available at:)https://tbrhsc.net/programs-services/cardiovascular-sciences-program/cardiovascular-surgery-project/Date accessed: February 13, 2022
- Virtual care with digital technologies for rural Canadians living with cardiovascular disease.CJC Open. 2021; 4: 133-147
See article by Cote et al., pages 801–807 of this issue.
See page 728 for disclosure information.