Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Giant lipoma: case report and review of the literature.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1993; 28: 266-268
- Giant Lipoma of the Anterior Neck Causing Dyspnea.J Craniofac Surg. 2020; 31: e553-e555
- An unusual cause of carotid sinus syndrome: multiple symmetric lipomatosis.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1992; 15: 128-130
- Respiratory and cardiovascular responses to increased and decreased carotid sinus pressure in sleeping dogs.J Appl Physiol (1985). 1995; 78: 1688-1698
- Posture-dependent chronotropic effect of carotid sinus massage.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1987; 10: 1191-1193
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosures: No conflicts of interest
Funding: Dr. Archer is supported by CIHR
On-line summary:A previously fit 76-year-old male presented with profound exertional dyspnea due to a large, neck lipoma in the right carotid space near the carotid body (CB). His chronotropic incompetence (CI), reduced aerobic capacity, and exertional dyspnea resolved with lipoma resection. Extrinsic CB compression by anterior neck masses is a potentially reversible cause of CI and impaired exercise tolerance.