Abbreviations:ACS (acute coronary syndrome), BMS (bare-metal stent), CAD (coronary artery disease), CCS (chronic coronary syndrome), DES (drug-eluting stent), ID-TLR (ischemia-driven target lesion revascularization), IVUS (intravascular ultrasound), LCBI (lipid core burden index), LDL-C (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol), LOCO (lesion-oriented clinical outcome), MI (myocardial infarction), MLD (minimum lumen diameter), MSA (minimum stent area), NIRS (near-infrared spectroscopy), OCT (optical coherence tomography), PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention), %DS (percent diameter stenosis), POCO (patient-oriented clinical outcome), QCA (quantitative coronary angiography)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Relationship between neointimal coverage of sirolimus-eluting stents and lesion characteristics: a study with serial coronary angioscopy.Am Heart J. 2009; 158: 99-104
- Impact of baseline plaque characteristic on the development of neoatherosclerosis in the very late phase after stenting.J Cardiol. 2019; 74: 67-73
- The pathology of neoatherosclerosis in human coronary implants bare-metal and drug-eluting stents.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 1314-1322
- Neoatherosclerosis: overview of histopathologic findings and implications for intravascular imaging assessment.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 2147-2159
- Detection of lipid core coronary plaques in autopsy specimens with a novel catheter-based near-infrared spectroscopy system.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2008; 1: 638-648
- In vivo visualization of lipid coronary atheroma with intravascular near-infrared spectroscopy.Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2017; 15: 775-785
- Detection of lipid-core plaques by intracoronary near-infrared spectroscopy identifies high risk of periprocedural myocardial infarction.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2011; 4: 429-437
- Embolization of Neoatherosclerosis After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Insights From Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Imaging and Histopathological Analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11e006175
- Intravascular Ultrasound Versus Angiography-Guided Drug-Eluting Stent Implantation: The ULTIMATE Trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 3126-3137
- Intravascular ultrasound in cardiovascular medicine.Circulation. 2006; 114: e55-59
- Impact of final stent dimensions on long-term results following sirolimus-eluting stent implantation: serial intravascular ultrasound analysis from the sirius trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 1959-1963
- The association between the extent of lipidic burden and delta-fractional flow reserve: analysis from coronary physiological and near-infrared spectroscopic measures.Cardiovasc Diagn Ther. 2021; 11: 362-372
- Clinical expert consensus document on quantitative coronary angiography from the Japanese Association of Cardiovascular Intervention and Therapeutics.Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2020; 35: 105-116
- Everolimus-Eluting Stents or Bypass Surgery for Left Main Coronary Artery Disease.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 2223-2235
Madder RD, Kubo T, Ino Y, et al. Target Lesion Lipid Content Detected by Near-Infrared Spectroscopy After Stenting and the Risk of Subsequent Target Lesion Failure. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2021:ATVBAHA120315617.
- Delayed arterial healing and increased late stent thrombosis at culprit sites after drug-eluting stent placement for acute myocardial infarction patients: an autopsy study.Circulation. 2008; 118: 1138-1145
- Clinical predictors of atheroma progression despite optimal glycemic control in early-stage diabetic patients with coronary artery disease: Insight from the DIANA study.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2014; 21: 509-518
- Impact of Angiographic Residual Stenosis on Clinical Outcomes After New-Generation Drug-Eluting Stents Implantation: Insights From a Pooled Analysis of the RESET and NEXT Trials.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7
- Detection of lipid pool, thin fibrous cap, and inflammatory cells in human aortic atherosclerotic plaques by near-infrared spectroscopy.Circulation. 2002; 105: 923-927
- Identification of patients and plaques vulnerable to future coronary events with near-infrared spectroscopy intravascular ultrasound imaging: a prospective, cohort study.Lancet. 2019; 394: 1629-1637
- Identification of vulnerable plaques and patients by intracoronary near-infrared spectroscopy and ultrasound (PROSPECT II): a prospective natural history study.The Lancet. 2021; 397: 985-995
- 2-Year Outcomes After Stenting of Lipid-Rich and Nonrich Coronary Plaques.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 1371-1382
- In-Stent Yellow Plaque at 1 Year After Implantation Is Associated With Future Event of Very Late Stent Failure: The DESNOTE Study (Detect the Event of Very late Stent Failure From the Drug-Eluting Stent Not Well Covered by Neointima Determined by Angioscopy).JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 8: 814-821
- Evaluation of polymer-based comparator drug-eluting stents using a rabbit model of iliac artery atherosclerosis.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2011; 4: 38-46
- The importance of the endothelium in atherothrombosis and coronary stenting.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2012; 9: 439-453
- Pathology of second-generation everolimus-eluting stents versus first-generation sirolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents in humans.Circulation. 2014; 129: 211-223
- Vascular response to bioresorbable polymer sirolimus-eluting stent vs. permanent polymer everolimus-eluting stent at 9-month follow-up: an optical coherence tomography sub-study from the CENTURY II trial.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016; 17: 34-40
Chevalier B, Smits PC, Carrie D, et al. Serial Assessment of Strut Coverage of Biodegradable Polymer Drug-Eluting Stent at 1, 2, and 3 Months After Stent Implantation by Optical Frequency Domain Imaging: The DISCOVERY 1TO3 Study (Evaluation With OFDI of Strut Coverage of Terumo New Drug Eluting Stent With Biodegradable Polymer at 1, 2, and 3 Months). Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10.
- Temporal course of vascular healing and neoatherosclerosis after implantation of durable- or biodegradable-polymer drug-eluting stents.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 2448-2456
- Optical coherence tomographic observation of in-stent neoatherosclerosis in lesions with more than 50% neointimal area stenosis after second-generation drug-eluting stent implantation.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 8e001878
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Clinical implication of underlying plaque characteristics at coronary lesions receiving newer-generation DES remains to be unknown. The residual lipidic burden (residual maxLCBI4mm) behind the implanted newer-generation DES was analyzed at 445 target lesions. During the 3-years-observational period, the residual maxLCBI4mm did not associate with the occurrence of lesion- and patient-oriented clinical outcomes. Clinical implication of maxLCBI4mm behind the implanted newer-generation DES at culprit lesions may be different from that at de novo non-culprit ones.