Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cardiogenic shock teams and centres: a contemporary review of multidisciplinary care for cardiogenic shock.ESC Heart Fail. 2021; 8: 988-998https://doi.org/10.1002/ehf2.13180
- Management and Outcomes of Cardiogenic Shock in Cardiac ICUs With Versus Without Shock Teams.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 78: 1309-1317https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2021.07.044
- Canadian Cardiovascular Research Collaboratory (C(3)).Can J Cardiol. 2020; 36: 1183-1185https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjca.2019.11.021
- Contemporary Management of Cardiogenic Shock: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2017; 136: e232-e268https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000525
- SCAI shock classification in acute myocardial infarction: Insights from the National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 96: 1137-1142https://doi.org/10.1002/ccd.29139
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The present study was supported by a bridge grant from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.
Disclosures and Conflicts of Interest (COI):
The Canadian Cardiovascular Research Collaboratory (C3) Cardiogenic Shock Working Group is supported by the Canadian VIGOUR Centre and Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence.
The present study was supported by a bridge grant from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. The project was additionally supported by a C3 Pharmaceutical Roundtable Research Initiative Award, which has received funds from the Bristol-Myers Squibb-Pfizer Canada Alliance, Bayer Canada, Boehringer Ingelheim-Lilly Canada Alliance, Novartis Canada, and Amgen Canada.
Pertaining to subject matter of the present manuscript:
DYFS: honoraria from Abiomed, Canada; Salary Support: Mid career award – Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
AB: speaking/consulting honoraria from Bayer Inc, BMS/Pfizer, Servier, AstraZeneca, HLS
SvD: No COIs
CF: Consultant/Honorarium: Bayer, Novo Nordisk, Boehringer Ingelheim, Sanofi, Pfizer, Amgen, Novartis, Pendopharm; Research Grant: Bayer, Canadian Cardiovascular Society BMS-Pfizer (all outside the scope of this paper)
SL: nothing to disclose. (No COI related to this topic)
RA: nothing to disclose. (No COI related to this topic)
AS: nothing to disclose. (No COI related to this topic)
JFT: Desgroseillers-Bérard Research Chair in interventional Cardiology. (No COI related to this topic)
SGG: Research grant support (e.g., steering committee or data and safety monitoring committee) and/or speaker/consulting honoraria (e.g., advisory boards) from: Amgen, Anthos Therapeutics, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol Myers Squibb, CSL Behring, Daiichi-Sankyo/American Regent, Eli Lilly, Esperion, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, HLS Therapeutics, JAMP Pharma, Merck, Novartis, Novo Nordisk A/C, Pendopharm/Pharmascience, Pfizer, Regeneron, Sanofi, Servier, Valeo Pharma; and salary support/honoraria from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario/University of Toronto (Polo) Chair, Canadian Heart Research Centre and MD Primer, Canadian VIGOUR Centre, Cleveland Clinic Coordinating Centre for Clinical Research, Duke Clinical Research Institute, New York University Clinical Coordinating Centre, PERFUSE Research Institute, TIMI Study Group (Brigham Health).
Therapeutics, Teleflex, Abbott Vascular, JAMP Pharma, Boehringer Ingelheim
AL: nothing to disclose. (No COI related to this topic)
We conducted a nation-wide survey on cardiogenic shock (CS) management and processes-of-care in centres with cardiac catheterization laboratories to establish the present landscape of CS care. The survey identified substantial variation in practice patterns for CS across Canadian hospitals. These results highlight the potential need for greater development of regional CS networks, protocols to standardize care practices, and clinical research.