Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Association of mortality and acute aortic events with ascending aortic aneurysm: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Netw Open. 2018; 1e181281
- The International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD): new insights into an old disease.JAMA. 2000; 283: 897-903
- Yearly rupture or dissection rates for thoracic aortic aneurysms: simple prediction based on size.Ann Thorac Surg. 2002; 73 (discussion 27-8): 17-27
- Aortic diameter ≥ 5.5 cm is not a good predictor of type A aortic dissection: observations from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD).Circulation. 2007; 116: 1120-1127
- Modelling of predissection aortic size in acute type A dissection: more than 90% fail to meet the guidelines for elective ascending replacement.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 148: 944-948.e1
- Biomechanics of aortic dissection: a comparison of aortas associated with bicuspid and tricuspid aortic valves.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e016715
- Energy loss, a novel biomechanical parameter, correlates with aortic aneurysm size and histopathologic findings.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 148 (discussion 1088-9): 1082-1088
- Aortic stiffness, central blood pressure, and pulsatile arterial load predict future thoracic aortic aneurysm expansion.Hypertension. 2021; 77: 126-134
- CMR-derived aortic stiffness is associated with more rapid aortic dilation and surgical replacement in children and young adults with connective tissue disorders.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2014; 16: 1-2
- Searching for a physiologically meaningful parameter for aortic biomechanics—is energy loss the way?.JTCVS Open. 2022; 10: 123-124
- Estimated aortic pulse wave velocity is associated with faster thoracic aortic aneurysm growth: a prospective cohort study with sex-specific analyses.Can J Cardiol. 2022; 38: 1664-1672
- Wall stress distribution in bicuspid aortic valve–associated ascending thoracic aortic aneurysms.Ann Thorac Surg. 2020; 110: 807-814
- Biomechanical properties of human ascending thoracic aortic aneurysms.Ann Thorac Surg. 2013; 96: 50-58
- Effect of aneurysm on the mechanical dissection properties of the human ascending thoracic aorta.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012; 143: 460-467
- Dependency of energy loss on strain rate, strain magnitude and preload: toward development of a novel biomarker for aortic aneurysm dissection risk.J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2021; 124104736
- Ascending aortic aneurysm haemodynamics are associated with aortic wall biomechanical properties.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2022; 61: 367-375
- Biomechanics in ascending aortic aneurysms correlate with tissue composition and strength.JTCVS Open. 2022; 9: 1-10
- CIHR announces more than $15M in project grants to FoM and affiliated research institutes. March 9, 2021.(Available at:)https://med.uottawa.ca/en/news/cihr-announces-more-15m-project-grants-fom-and-affiliated-research-institutesDate accessed: July 27, 2022
- Sex differences in thoracic aortic aneurysm growth.Hypertension. 2019; 73: 190-196
- Sex differences in thoracic aortic disease: a review of the literature and a call to action.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 160: 656-660
- Sex-related differences in patients undergoing thoracic aortic surgery.Circulation. 2019; 139: 1177-1184
- Novel measurement of relative aortic size predicts rupture of thoracic aortic aneurysms.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 81: 169-177
- No one-size-fits-all: the need for sex-based analysis and management in cardiac surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2022; 114: 1665-1671
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm growth: role of sex and aneurysm etiology.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e003792
See article by Boczar et al., pages 1664–1672 of this issue.
See page 1674 for disclosure information.