Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Persistent pathology of the patent foramen ovale: a review of the literature.Med J Aust. 2021; 215: 89-93
- Cryptogenic stroke and high-risk patent foramen ovale: the DEFENSE-PFO trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 71: 2335-2342
- Long-term outcomes of patent foramen ovale closure or medical therapy after stroke.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1022-1032
- Patent foramen ovale closure or antiplatelet therapy for cryptogenic stroke.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1033-1042
- Patent foramen ovale closure or anticoagulation vs antiplatelets after stroke.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1011-1021
- Patent foramen ovale closure: state of the art.Interv Cardiol. 2020; 15: e15
- Guidelines for the use of echocardiography in the evaluation of a cardiac source of embolism.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2016; 29: 1-42
- European position paper on the management of patients with patent foramen ovale: general approach and left circulation thromboembolism.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 3182-3195
- EACVI recommendations on cardiovascular imaging for the detection of embolic sources.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2021; 22: e24-57
- Diagnostic accuracy of transthoracic echocardiography with contrast for detection of right-to-left shunt: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Can J Cardiol. 2022; XX (XXX-XX)
- Diagnostic accuracy of transesophageal echocardiogram for the detection of patent foramen ovale: a meta-analysis.Echocardiography. 2014; 31: 752-758
- A prospective transesophageal echocardiographic study to assess a new type of left atrial spontaneous contrast at rest and during respiratory manoeuvres.Can J Cardiol. 1999; 15: 1217-1222
- Diagnosis and quantification of patent foramen ovale. Which is the reference technique? Simultaneous study with transcranial Doppler, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography.Rev Esp Cardiol. 2011; 64: 133-139
- Peripheral saline contrast with Valsalva and a modified Müller’s manoeuvre may improve detection of atrial level right-to-left shunts: a preliminary observation.Echocardiography. 2019; 36: 651-653
- Provocative manoeuvres to improve patent foramen ovale detection: a brief review of the literature.Echocardiography. 2019; 36: 783-786
- Sensitivity for detection of patent foramen ovale increased with increasing number of contrast injections: a descriptive study with contrast transesophageal echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2008; 21: 419-424
- Haemodynamic quantification of different provocation manoeuvres by simultaneous measurement of right and left atrial pressure: implications for the echocardiographic detection of persistent foramen ovale.Eur J Echocardiogr. 2001; 2: 88-93
- Guidelines for the cardiac sonographer in the performance of contrast echocardiography: a focused update from the American Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2014; 27: 797-810
- An index to identify stroke-related vs incidental patent foramen ovale in cryptogenic stroke.Neurology. 2013; 81: 619-625
- Is bacteriostatic saline superior to normal saline as an echocardiographic contrast agent?.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 30: 1483-1489
- Femoral vein delivery of contrast mediumenhances transthoracic echocardiographic detection of patent foramenovale.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1993; 22: 1994-2000
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
See article by Khan et al., pages XXX-XX of this issue.
See page 2 for disclosure information.