Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest across the world: first report from the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR).Resuscitation. 2020; 152: 39-49
- Shock to the heart: psychosocial implications and applications of sudden cardiac death in the young.Curr Cardiol Rep. 2020; 22: 168
- Improving temporal trends in survival and neurological outcomes after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2018; 11e003561
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. 2020 CPR & ECC Guidelines.(Available at:)Accessed October 1, 2022)
- Bystander automated external defibrillator use and clinical outcomes after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Resuscitation. 2017; 120: 77-87
- The effect of bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the survival of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2018; 26: 86
- Bystander-initiated cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator use after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: uncovering disparities in care and survival across the urban–rural spectrum.Resuscitation. 2022; 175: 150-158
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2022 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2022; 145: e153-e639
- Variation in bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation delivery and subsequent survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest based on neighborhood-level ethnic characteristics.Circulation. 2020; 141: 34-41
- Gender and location disparities in prehospital bystander AED usage.Resuscitation. 2021; 158: 139-142
- Assessment of community interventions for bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e209256
- Rates of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training in the United States.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 194
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation training disparities in the United States.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e006124
- Association of neighborhood characteristics with bystander-initiated CPR.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1607-1615
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and race or ethnicity: black US populations fare worse.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2014; 21: 619-638
- Gender-based differences in outcomes among resuscitated patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Circulation. 2021; 143: 641-649
- Bystander CPR occurrences in out of hospital cardiac arrest between sexes.Resuscitation. 2021; 166: 1-6
- Gender disparities among adult recipients of layperson bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation by location of cardiac arrest in Pan-Asian communities: a registry-based study.eClinicalMedicine. 2022; 44101293
- Deadly bias: a call for gender diversity in cardiac life support simulation training.BMJ Simul Technol Enhanc Learn. 2021; 7: 183-184
- Determining the Importance of Various Genders, Races and Body Shapes for CPR Education Using Mannikins: Images in Media (DIVERSE II).Can J Cardiol. 2022; (XX:XXX-X)
- Thirty years of investigating the own-race bias in memory for faces: a meta-analytic review.Psychol Public Policy, Law. 2001; 7: 3-35
Duggan M, Ellison NB, Lampe C, Lenhart A, Madden M. Social media update 2014. Pew Research Center, January 9, 2015. Available at: http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/01/09/social-media-update-2014/. Accessed October 1, 2022.
- Demystifying how to incorporate sex and gender into cardiovascular research: a practical guide [e-pub ahead of print].Can J Cardiol. 2022 May 23; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjca.2022.05.017
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. World Restart a Heart Day October 16. Available at: https://cpr.heartandstroke.ca/s/article/World-Restart-a-Heart. Accessed October 1, 2022.
- Evolving role of social media in health promotion: updated responsibilities for health education specialists.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 17: 1153
- Gender and age-specific aspects of awareness and knowledge in basic life support.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0198918
- Health literacy mediates racial disparities in cardiopulmonary resuscitation knowledge among chronic kidney disease patients.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2018; 29: 1069-1082
- Public perceptions on why women receive less bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation than men in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Circulation. 2019; 139: 1060-1068
- Retrospective study using computed tomography to compare sufficient chest compression depth for cardiopulmonary resuscitation in obese patients.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e013948
- Cardiac arrest in pregnancy.Circulation. 2015; 132: 1747-1773
- Lack of racial diversity in cardiopulmonary resuscitation training videos: a cross-sectional analysis.Am J Emerg Med. 2022; 56: 365-367
- The DIVERSE study: Determining the Importance of Various Genders, Races, and Body Shapes for CPR Education Using Manikins [e-pub ahead of print].Curr Probl Cardiol. 2022 Feb 22; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpcardiol.2022.101159
- Underrepresentation of racial diversity in simulation: an international study.Nurs Educ Perspect. 2020; 41: 152-156
- Tackling implicit bias in health care.N Engl J Med. 2022; 387: 105-107
- Eliminating disparities in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest survival.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2018; 11e004989
- Implicit-bias remedies: treating discriminatory bias as a public-health problem.Psychol Sci Public Interest. 2022; 23: 7-40
- Twelve tips for teaching implicit bias recognition and management.Med Teach. 2021; 43: 1368-1373
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
See article by Gupta et al., pages XXX-XX of this issue.
See page 3 for disclosure information.