Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Redefining expectations of long-term survival after the Fontan procedure: twenty-five years of follow-up from the entire population of Australia and New Zealand.Circulation. Sep 09. 2014; 130: S32-S38https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.113.007764
Rychik J, Atz AM, Celermajer DS, et al. Evaluation and Management of the Child and Adult With Fontan Circulation: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association. Circulation. Jul 1 2019:CIR0000000000000696. doi:10.1161/CIR.0000000000000696
- Neurodevelopmental outcomes after cardiac surgery in infancy.Pediatrics. May 2015; 135: 816-825https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-3825
Uzark K, Lincoln A, Lamberti JJ, Mainwaring RD, Spicer RL, Moore JW. Neurodevelopmental outcomes in children with Fontan repair of functional single ventricle. Pediatrics. Apr 1998;101(4 Pt 1):630-633. doi:10.1542/peds.101.4.630
- Cognitive development after the Fontan operation.Circulation. Aug 22 2000; 102: 883-889https://doi.org/10.1161/01.cir.102.8.883
- Two-year survival and mental and psychomotor outcomes after the Norwood procedure: an analysis of the modified Blalock-Taussig shunt and right ventricle-to-pulmonary artery shunt surgical eras.Circulation. Sep 30 2008; 118: 1410-1418https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.107.741579
- Survival, Neurocognitive, and Functional Outcomes After Completion of Staged Surgical Palliation in a Cohort of Patients With Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.J Am Heart Assoc. Feb 18. 2020; 9e013632https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.119.013632
- Early-Term Birth in Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease After the Fontan Procedure: Neurodevelopmental and Psychiatric Outcomes.J Pediatr. Dec 2016; 179: 96-103https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2016.08.084
- Neurodevelopmental outcomes in preschool survivors of the Fontan procedure. The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery.Apr. 2014; 147 (; discussion 1282-1283 e5): 1276-1282https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2013.12.019
- Super-Fontan: Is it possible? The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery.Mar. 2018; 155: 1192-1194https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2017.10.047
- Coronary Artery Calcium Scores of Zero and Establishing the Concept of Negative Risk Factors.J Am Coll Cardiol. Jul 9. 2019; 74: 12-14https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2019.05.032
- The registry and follow-up of complex pediatric therapies program of Western Canada: a mechanism for service, audit, and research after life-saving therapies for young children.Cardiology research and practice. 2011; 2011965740https://doi.org/10.4061/2011/965740
- Deterioration of functional abilities in children surviving the Fontan operation. Cardiology in the young.Jun. 2018; 28: 868-875https://doi.org/10.1017/S1047951118000537
- Outcomes from an interprovincial program of newborn open heart surgery.J Pediatr. Jan. 2004; 144: 86-92https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2003.09.048
Wechsler D. Manual for the Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence. 3rd ed. Psychological Corporation; 2002.
Wechsler D. Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence. 4th ed. San Antonio, TX: Psychological Corporation; 2012.
Schalock RL, Luckasson R, Tasse MJ. Intellectual Disability: Definition, Diagnosis, Classification, and Systems of Supports, 12th edition. American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Washington DC, 2021.
Beery KE, Buktenica NA, Beery NA. Beery-Buktenica Developmental Test of Visual-Motor Integration: Administration, scoring, and teaching manual. 6th ed. Bloomington, MN: Pearson; 2010.
Harrison P, Oakland T. Manual of the Adaptive Behaviour Assessment System II. San Antonio, Texas: Harcourt Assessment Inc; 2003.
Harrison, P., Oakland, T. (2015). Adaptive Behavior Assessment System, Third edition (ABAS-3). San Antonio, TX: Pearson.
- Postoperative course and hemodynamic profile after the arterial switch operation in neonates and infants. A comparison of low-flow cardiopulmonary bypass and circulatory arrest.Circulation. Oct 15 1995; 92: 2226-2235https://doi.org/10.1161/01.cir.92.8.2226
- The 1981 socioeconomic index for occupations in Canada.Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie. 1987; 24: 465-488https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1755-618X.1987.tb00639.x
- Chronic Neuromotor Disability After Complex Cardiac Surgery in Early Life.Pediatrics. Oct 2015; 136: e922-e933https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-1879
- Neurodevelopmental outcome after congenital heart surgery: results from an institutional registry.Circulation. Sep 24 2002; 106: I95-102
- Early developmental outcome in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and related anomalies: the single ventricle reconstruction trial.Circulation. May 1 2012; 125: 2081-2091https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.111.064113
- Preschool Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in Children with Congenital Heart Disease.J Pediatr. Apr. 2017; 183: 80-86 e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2016.12.044
- Gender differences in the developmental outcomes of children with congenital cardiac defects.Cardiology in the young. Oct 2012; 22: 514-519https://doi.org/10.1017/S1047951111002071
- Center variation in patient age and weight at Fontan operation and impact on postoperative outcomes.The Annals of thoracic surgery. May 2011; 91: 1445-1452https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2010.11.064
- Impact of age at Fontan completion on postoperative hemodynamics and long-term aerobic exercise capacity in patients with dominant left ventricle. The Annals of thoracic surgery.Feb. 2009; 87 (; discussion 560-1): 555-560https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2008.11.015
- The effect of chronic or intermittent hypoxia on cognition in childhood: a review of the evidence.Pediatrics. Sep. 2004; 114: 805-816https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2004-0227
- Effect of Earlier Atrioventricular Valve Intervention on Survival After the Fontan Operation.Am J Cardiol. Dec 15 2020; 137: 103-110https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2020.09.028
- Long-term outcomes after atrioventricular valve operations in patients undergoing single-ventricle palliation.The Annals of thoracic surgery. Aug 2012; 94 (; discussion 613): 606-613https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2012.03.058
- Long-term results of modified Fontan operation for single-ventricle patients associated with atrioventricular valve regurgitation.The Annals of thoracic surgery. Jul 2013; 96: 211-218https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2013.02.029
- Management of the bad atrioventricular valve in Fontan...time for a change.The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. Dec 2019; 158: 1643-1648https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2019.08.129
- Searching for Justice: The Discovery of IQ Gains Over Time.American Psychologist. 01/01 1999; 54: 5-20https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.54.1.5
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: The Complex Pediatric Therapies Follow-Up Program, a multidisciplinary Western Canadian collaboration, has been supported over years by contributions from: Alberta Health, Stollery Children’s Hospital, Women and Children’s Health Research Institute, referral-site follow-up clinics (Saskatoon and Regina SK, Winnipeg MB, Calgary AB, Vancouver BC), and Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Research Trust, with ongoing funding by Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital.