Glossary:ACA (anterior cerebral artery), BIS (bispectral index), CBF (cerebral blood flow), CMRO2 (cerebral metabolic rate of oxygen), HITS (high-intensity transient signals), MAC (minimal alveolar concentration), MCA (middle cerebral artery), MHI (Montreal Heart Institute), NIRS (cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy), PCA (posterior cerebral artery), pEEG (processed electroencephalography), PSI (patient state index), TCD (transcranial Doppler)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clinical and Technical Limitations of Cerebral and Somatic Near-Infrared Spectroscopy as an Oxygenation Monitor.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2021; 35: 673-679
- Cerebral Oximetry Monitoring to Maintain Normal Cerebral Oxygen Saturation during High-risk Cardiac Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Feasibility Trial.Anesthesiology. 2016; 124: 826-836
- Early detection and correction of cerebral desaturation with noninvasive oxy-hemoglobin, deoxy-hemoglobin, and total hemoglobin in cardiac surgery: a case series.Anesth Analg. 2022 Sep 8; https://doi.org/10.1213/ANE.0000000000006155
- Impact of Processed Electroencephalography in Cardiac Surgery: A Retrospective Analysis.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2022; 36: 3517-3525
- A proposed algorithm for combining transcranial Doppler ultrasound monitoring with cerebral and somatic oximetry: a case report.Can J Anesth. 2021; 68: 130-136
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Supported by the Montreal Heart Institute Foundation and the Richard I. Kaufman Endowment Fund in Anesthesia and Critical Care.
The funding sources had no role in the design of the study and collection, analysis, and interpretation of data or in writing the manuscript.
Conflicts of Interest
Dr. Denault is a speaker and consultant for CAE Healthcare and speaker for Edwards and Masimo. He received a research grant from Edwards (2019).