Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Seven direct methods for measuring HDL and LDL cholesterol compared with ultracentrifugation reference measurement procedures.Clin Chem. 2010; 56: 977-986
- Is the 2020 Sampson equation the best formula for LDL-C estimation?.Eur J Intern Med. 2021 Jan; 83: 99-101
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972 Jun; 18: 499-502
Pearson GJ, Thanassoulis G, Anderson TJ, et al. 2021 Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidemia for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Adults. Can J Cardiol. 2021 Aug;37(8):1129-1150.
Grundy SM, Stone NJ, Bailey AL, et al. 2018 AHA/ACC/AACVPR/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/ADA/AGS/APhA/ASPC/NLA/PCNA Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines. Circulation. 2019 Jun 18;139(25):e1082-e1143.
- Comparison of a novel method vs the Friedewald equation for estimating low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels from the standard lipid profile.JAMA. 2013 Nov 20; 310: 2061-2068
- Comparison of Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Assessment by Martin/Hopkins Estimation, Friedewald Estimation, and Preparative Ultracentrifugation: Insights From the FOURIER Trial.JAMA Cardiol. 2018 Aug 1; 3: 749-753
- Validity of a Novel Method for Estimating Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Levels in Cardiovascular Disease Patients Treated with Statins.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2018 Jul 1; 25: 643-652
- Validity of a Novel Method for Estimation of Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Levels in Diabetic Patients.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2016 Dec 1; 23: 1355-1364
- Discordance Between Standard Equations for Determination of LDL Cholesterol in Patients With Atherosclerosis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2022 Feb 15; 79: 530-541
- Validation of a proposed novel equation for estimating LDL cholesterol.Clin Chem. 2014 Dec; 60: 1519-1523
- A New Equation for Calculation of Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol in Patients With Normolipidemia and/or Hypertriglyceridemia.JAMA Cardiol. 2020 May 1; 5: 540-548
- Comparative assessment of LDL-C and VLDL-C estimation in familial combined hyperlipidemia using Sampson's, Martin's and Friedewald's equations.Lipids Health Dis. 2021 May 5; 20: 46
- Comparison of Novel Equations for Estimating Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol in Patients Undergoing Coronary Angiography.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2020 Dec 1; 27: 1359-1373
- Usefulness of novel Martin/Hopkins and Sampson equations over Friedewald equation in cardiology outpatients: A CVSCORE-TR substudy.Int J Clin Pract. 2021 Jun; 75e14090
- Performance of novel low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol calculation methods in predicting clinical and subclinical atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.Atherosclerosis. 2021 Jun; 327: 1-4
- Validating the NIH LDL-C equation in a specialized lipid cohort: Does it add up?.Clin Biochem. 2022 Jan; 99: 60-68
- LDL-C calculated by Friedewald, Martin-Hopkins, or NIH equation 2 versus beta-quantification: pooled alirocumab trials.J Lipid Res. 2022 Jan; 63100148
- Simplified Canadian Definition for Familial Hypercholesterolemia.Can J Cardiol. 2018 Sep; 34: 1210-1214
- Dissection of Clinical and Gene Expression Signatures of Familial versus Multifactorial Chylomicronemia.J Endocr Soc. 2020 May 15; 4: bvaa056
- Identification and diagnosis of patients with familial chylomicronaemia syndrome (FCS): Expert panel recommendations and proposal of an "FCS score.Atherosclerosis. 2018 Aug; 275: 265-272
Mahley, R.W. and S.J. Rall, Type III hyperlipoproteinemia (Dysbetalipoproteinemia): the role of apolipoprotein E in normal and abnormal lipoprotein metabolism, in The metabolic and molecular bases of inherited disease, C.R. Scriver, et al., Editors. 2001, McGraw-Hill Professional. p. 2835-2855.
- Statistical method for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 327: 307-310
R Core Team (2019). R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. URL https://www.R-project.org/.
- Changes in risk factors and the decline in mortality from cardiovascular disease. The Framingham Heart Study.N Engl J Med. 1990 Jun 7; 322: 1635-1641
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
As per the Canadian Journal of Cardiology Instructions for Authors, we (all authors) confirm the following:
“1. All authors have participated in the work and have reviewed and agree with the content of the article.
2. None of the article contents are under consideration for publication in any other journal or have been published in any journal.
3. No portion of the text has been copied from other material in the literature (unless in quotation
4. I am aware that it is the author's responsibility to obtain permission for any figures or tables reproduced from any prior publications, and to cover fully any costs involved. Such permission must be obtained prior to final acceptance.”
Author Contributions: CS and TCO designed the study. CM, DB, JS, and DG acquired the data for the study. CS, CM, and TCO analyzed the data. CS and TCO drafted the article. CS, CM, DB, JS, DG, and TCO interpreted the data and revised the article. All authors approved the final article.