ABBREVIATIONS:TAVR (Transcatheter aortic valve replacement), ECG (Electrocardiogram), SAVR (Surgical aortic valve replacement), LV (Left ventricle), LVEF (Left ventricular ejection fraction), LBBB (Left bundle branch block), AVB (Atrioventricular block)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- Burden of valvular heart diseases: a population-based study.Lancet. 2006; 368: 1005-1011
- Future of transcatheter aortic valve implantation - evolving clinical indications.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2018; 15: 57-65
- Risk stratification of patients with aortic stenosis.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 416-423
- Aortic stenosis.Circulation. 1968; 38: 61-67
- Syncope: The Underestimated Threat in Severe Aortic Stenosis.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 12: 225-232
- Hemodynamic determinants of dyspnea improvement in acute decompensated heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2013; 6: 53-60
- Determinants of ejection performance in aortic stenosis.Circulation. 1981; 64: 126-134
- Asymptomatic aortic stenosis in the elderly: a clinical review.JAMA. 2013; 310: 1490-1497
- Syncope in aortic valvular stenosis.Lancet. 1984; 2: 1113-1116
- Prevalence and Prognostic Relevance of Ventricular Conduction Disturbances in Patients With Aortic Stenosis.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 120: 2226-2232
- Ventricular arrhythmias in adult aortic stenosis: prevalence, mechanisms, and clinical relevance.Chest. 1998; 113: 482-491
- Arrhythmias in patients with valvar aortic stenosis, valvar pulmonary stenosis, and ventricular septal defect. Results of 24-hour ECG monitoring.Circulation. 1993; 87: I89-101
Brignole M, Moya A, de Lange FJ, et al. 2018 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of syncope. Eur Heart J 2018;39:1883-1948.
- Updated standardized endpoint definitions for transcatheter aortic valve implantation: the Valve Academic Research Consortium-2 consensus document (VARC-2).Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012; 42: S45-60
- Hemodynamic patterns for symptomatic presentations of severe aortic stenosis.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013; 6: 137-146
- Effect of aging on baroreflex function in humans.Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007; 293: R3-R12
- Evaluation of Changes in Functional Status in the Year After Aortic Valve Replacement.JAMA Intern Med. 2019; 179: 383-391
Mautner RK, Phillips JH. Atrioventricular and intraventricular conduction disturbances in aortic valvular disease. South Med J 1980;73:572-578, 81.
- Arrhythmia burden in elderly patients with severe aortic stenosis as determined by continuous electrocardiographic recording: toward a better understanding of arrhythmic events after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Circulation. 2015; 131: 469-477
- Prolonged Continuous Electrocardiographic Monitoring Prior to Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: The PARE Study.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 13: 1763-1773
- Syncope in Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis: More Than Just an Obstruction Issue.Can J Cardiol. 2021; 37: 284-291
WM Y. Heart block due to calcareous lesions of the bundle of His: review and report of a case with detailed histopathologic study. In: VH C, ed.: Ann Intern Med. 1935:777-789.
- Left ventricular myocardial structure in aortic valve disease before, intermediate, and late after aortic valve replacement.Circulation. 1989; 79: 744-755
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Syncope in Patients with Aortic Stenosis: Does Investigating the Cause Affect Prognosis?Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- PreviewWe read with great interest the recently published article by Keller et al. entitled "Syncope in Patients with Severe Aortic Stenosis (SAS) Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)" in the Canadian Journal of Cardiology. First of all, we congratulate the authors for their contribution to the understanding of the role of aortic stenosis in the etiology of syncope.