Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- COCATS 4 Task Force 15: Training in Cardiovascular Research and Scholarly Activity.Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2015; 65: 1899-1906
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. 2021 Adult Cardiology Competencies. https://www.royalcollege.ca/content/dam/documents/ibd/cardiology/adult-cardiology-competencies-e.pdf. Accessed May 14, 2023.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. 2021 Adult Cardiology Training Experiences. https://www.royalcollege.ca/content/dam/documents/ibd/cardiology/adult-cardiology-training-experiences-e.pdf. Accessed May 14, 2023.
- Effect of a Formalized Research Curriculum on Fellows-in-Training and Early Career Research Productivity.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 2723-2726
- Formalized Research Training Increases Fellowship and Early Career Academic Productivity: A Five-Year Follow-up.Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 2023;
- Formal research training during surgical residency: scaffolding for academic success.Am J Surg. 2014; 207: 141-145
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Formalized Research Training Increases Fellowship and Early Career Academic Productivity: A Five-Year Follow-upCanadian Journal of Cardiology
- PreviewThe importance of incorporating research into education of cardiovascular trainees is emphasized by licensing bodies (1). Although fellowship programs include research rotations, training is variable based on the mentor/project identified. Furthermore, the absence of protected time, feedback on progress and lack of process(es) to identify/reward mentorship, remain obstacles (2). Mitigation strategies include pursuing research certification, seeking like-minded mentors, and structuring training to maximize productivity.